Main Key Knackered, Spare Manual?

Tayl

Hey all,

The main key I have for the Z I recently bought is about as done as a piece of beef at a Hungry Horse. The unlock button is worn down near to the point of pushing through the key, not to mention it just looks shabby. The spare key I have is only a manual lock and unlock key with no buttons on it for the remote central locking. Has anyone changed their master keys into a new shell, or even a foldable shell? And did you run into any issues? Also, how hard is it, and costly, to get a new key registered/programmed to the car? Is it something you can do yourself? As I have read for other makes and models that you can program keys yourself with certain key presses and button sequences in the car. 

I'm after so many different parts for my Z and dont really want to drop hundreds on a new key just yet. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

James.

6 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate there is a link on this forum look at 350z General guides it's at the bottom of the second page

Ah ok thanks ShortPaul. I had done a forum search prior to posting but I had well over 12 pages of results, none of which seemed to match what I'd searched for, or even related to the key question in general. Looked through all the sections I thought it would of been within but didn't see it. Had looked in the guide section (with you stating it's at the bottom of the second page that's probably why lol). 

Thanks for the help and direction of post. Much appreciated!

Regards,

James.

Edited by Tayl
Spelling error auto correct correction.

44 minutes ago, Tayl said:

Ah ok thanks ShortPaul. I had done a forum search prior to posting but I had well over 12 pages of results, none of which seemed to match what I'd searched for, or even related to the key question in general. Looked through all the sections I thought it would of been within but didn't see it. Had looked in the guide section (with you stating it's at the bottom of the second page that's probably why lol). 

Thanks for the help and direction of post. Much appreciated!

Regards,

James.

Hi buddy if your buttons are on the way out speek to zedmanalex for a fob then fit your blade and internals then re sinc with the car

• Thanks 1