Z themed birthday present for my dad ideas.

Bry

Ha ha let's try that again.

He will be 70 end of July and I want to get him something for his 350z roadster. He has just treated himself to some HFC's and an Invidia exhaust  (thanks Torqen) and has booked it into to abbey motorsports for an uprev remap in 2 weeks time. He adores his Z so I'm trying to think of something I could get him and so far all I can think of is getting a used steering wheel and getting it retrimmed by Jack at Royal steering wheels or paying for a full detailing job . It doesn't make life easy for me living in Australia and I've only got 4 weeks to get it sorted. Any ideas ?

I think he meant he’s in oz and his dad is here?

A detail is a good idea. He’ll appreciate it looking at it and driving and easy to organise from afar 

Is he into exterior mods? If you want something subtle could do side steps or zunsport grille etc

Keyrings and air fresheners always work well too

1 hour ago, LRF4N said:

Yeah, I understood that.  Buying in Oz and shipping yourself is probably much cheaper than buying through a UK distributor.

my point was, here’s something for your car in the U.K., from your son in Oz from an Oz company

52 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, I understood that.  Buying in Oz and shipping yourself is probably much cheaper than buying through a UK distributor.

my point was, here’s something for your car in the U.K., from your son in Oz from an Oz company

Good suggestion but he’s happy with the handling and aesthetics as it is. MCA Coilovers here in OZ are rated higher than Pedders hence why I went with MCA’s.  Shipping from OZ to UK is stupidly expensive which is why I’m trying to get something from within the uk.

2 hours ago, LRF4N said:

A detail is a good idea. He’ll appreciate it looking at it and driving and easy to organise from afar 

Is he into exterior mods? If you want something subtle could do side steps or zunsport grille etc

Keyrings and air fresheners always work well too

He likes the stock look of the exterior. Think I need to make more of an effort for his 70th than a magic tree and a key ring :-)  Here's his Z

IMG-335bf44a1bdf1a01da7ccad171235d39-V.jpg

Edited by Bry
Add pic

A £500.00 Zmanalex voucher:  :lol:

Sorry, could not resist. :)

Not much help I know.

How about paying for the Uprev, or a set of tyres, or you can't go wrong with a detail or detailing products if he likes to detail himself.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bry said:

He likes the stock look of the exterior. Think I need to make more of an effort for his 70th than a magic tree and a key ring :-)  Here's his Z

IMG-335bf44a1bdf1a01da7ccad171235d39-V.jpg

Yea was thinking shipping wouldn’t make an oz present worthwhile 

With the key ring I didn’t mean that alone, that would be a bit crap :lol:

• Like 1

All good suggestions.  Already got him a few cool baseball caps. 380RS pedals sounds good. Paying for the uprev is good but that's hid gift to himself so can't really steal his idea. Just looked up getting it detailed and oh my @*!# is that expensive £850 for stage 1 ! You got anything interesting Alex that you've got stashed away. He loves his stock wheels by the way and he can't be arsed to wash the car himself so products would be a waste

Is he into his Z clothing and watches? Hope not, but if he is that could make a nice gift :lol:

Also someone was selling some Z memorabilia on here, can’t remember if it was a dvd or book

I've had a toy 370z, Nismo keyring, car decals and a 3D plate given to me for my birthday. Could also look into limited edition manuals or guides or things of that ilk. 

Else try engine block table? Could do a car experience? They do a 350z drift experience near me 

15 hours ago, Bry said:

All good suggestions.  Already got him a few cool baseball caps. 380RS pedals sounds good. Paying for the uprev is good but that's hid gift to himself so can't really steal his idea. Just looked up getting it detailed and oh my @*!# is that expensive £850 for stage 1 ! You got anything interesting Alex that you've got stashed away. He loves his stock wheels by the way and he can't be arsed to wash the car himself so products would be a waste

Where did you see it for £850? That's ridiculous! More like £300-500.