Wing mirror vandalised

DarmoZ

Hi All,

Came back to my car one evening to see my the glass pane lying on the floor and my wing mirror looking like this.

Wondering if i can find a simple glass pane replacement or if i would have to replace the whole unit?

It seems as though something from the glass pane clips in to the middle section of the housing from the pic, but there was nothing found around the car like that??

The unit still moves electronically using the toggle on the arm rest.

any help is appreciated!

wm.jpg

wm2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Does the glass just clip into the frame surround or is there something more? I've just had my glass smashed as I clipped mirrors with another car I've bodged the mirror up with gaffer tape to get me home and not have the remains slap on the bodywork as I can't work out how to remove remains from wire but can't see out of it obviously.

I can't work out what held it in place as mine looks exactly like the first pic and glass has a smooth back too so not sure if something was lost during the mirror smash.

Found link below which may have been useful but the pics arent visible as they're photobucket hosted and blurred

2019-10-26_071713.jpg

Edited by Wilkini

9 hours ago, Wilkini said:

Does the glass just clip into the frame surround or is there something more? I've just had my glass smashed as I clipped mirrors with another car I've bodged the mirror up with gaffer tape to get me home and not have the remains slap on the bodywork as I can't work out how to remove remains from wire but can't see out of it obviously.

I can't work out what held it in place as mine looks exactly like the first pic and glass has a smooth back too so not sure if something was lost during the mirror smash.

Found link below which may have been useful but the pics arent visible as they're photobucket hosted and blurred

2019-10-26_071713.jpg

Yeh it seems as though the backing surround that holds the glass (and connects it to the wing mirror) was lost in the collision just like mine was. Z man Alex can send a brand new glass with the black plastic surround which will clips into the wing mirror. 

• Thanks 1