350z ONLY Full TCS & VDC Disable With Brake Bypass (Burnout) Mod

cs2000

Hi again everyone

As im sure you all know, ive been selling my VDC/TCS disable mod for almost a year, have sold plenty of modules between Facebook and this site with not a single install issue :#1: But one thing that kept being asked was about brake boosting/standing burnouts. This is a feature thats only very recently (i think summer last year) been added to the UpRev tune, but this is a lot cheaper if you just want to make smoke or build some boost!

The 350z's have a system built in so that when the vehicle is moving (and in gear) you cannot use the brake and throttle at the same time. The engine RPM's get cut and fall away. This means that if you're trying to do a standing burnout, such as tyre warming at the drag strip, you cant. Also if you're running a turbo, you cant brake boost. This mod changes all of that.

The existing methods involve cutting a wire on the ECU which is the "hey, ive pressed the brake" input. But theirs an issue with this. After a certain amount of time of seeing no brake signal, the ECU figures out something has to be wrong and throws a CEL, disabling the cruise control until this is cleared.

You can also remove a fuse in the car, but this stops your brake lights from working, so not ideal. 

So, introducing the VDC/TCS Disable board, now with Brake Mod B) 

939385058_4-7NLgIi.jpeg.cdc6b8585392c493134a9d042679f556.jpeg

So, off the bat. Yes, it looks a LOT like my old module! I wanted to keep the same form factor and much of the physical module is the same. This is because it still does the whole VDC/TCS disable, just with an extra feature on top. Under the hood, the entire code has been re-written to be much simpler (trimmed the fat basically), faster to operate, and informative too.

What is it?

This is a custom PCB and circuit which automatically disables BOTH the TCS and VDC features on the car at the simple press of a button but leaves your ABS system and brake lights alone, it also disables the throttle cutout when you're on the brakes so you can perform standing burnouts or brake boost (FI vehicles only, duh).

The clever part is it remembers if you disabled these features and will automatically disable them for you next time you start the car. Great if you're doing a track day and have a few sessions booked!

It doesn't trigger any check engine lights, ever and doesn't interfere with any other features on the car. 

How Does It Work?

Start up the car and you will see the LED button light up, if you have the module visible, the green power LED will also light up on the board itself which you can see through the translucent 3d printed case. Notice your TC and Slip lights go out on the dashboard as normal after a few seconds.

Briefly press and release the button (no need to hold it, just a quick press), a relay will click and the button's LED will flash 5 times and then stay off. You will now have the TCS and Slip lights illuminated on your dashboard, meaning the Traction Control and Vehicle Dynamic Control stability aids are fully disabled and the throttle lockout/brake mod is activated

To perform a standing burnout, do one like you normally would do in any vehicle without this lockout "feature" (basically, do a burnout then hold the brakes so that you lock up the front axle only). The RPM's will dip as normal for 0.1 second (this is where im fooling the ECU and keeping it happy) and then rise again as the lockout is removed. Continue until your happy you've made enough smoke ;). During this time, each time the module detects the brake is pressed, the button LED will turn on for 0.1 second, when it turns off, the throttle lockout is removed, just a good little way to visually see what the system is doing.

If you now turn the car off, wait a second and turn it back on again you’ll notice the relay clicks again and automatically disables the stability features for you!

To re-enable them simply press and release the button again and the button LED will once again illuminate. Now turn the ignition off and on again and the TC and Slip lights will turn off on your dash. Traction and Vehicle Dynamic Control are now re-enabled just like normal.

Is it it difficult?

Install is pretty simple, just need to be careful as it involves splitting one wire at the ECU, but you need no special tools, literally a screwdriver, some pliers, a bit of insulation tape, a drill (for the button hole) and about 30-45 mins of time.

=======================

The final module price is £79.95 including the same first class signed for postage as the standard VDC/TCS board.

Fitting is pretty easy in my opinion, however as with everything else I sell, if you’re willing to travel to me, I can fit at no extra cost.

In the package:

1x Assembled VDC/TSC Disable & Brake Mod Board finished in stealth black and silver

1x Custom designed 3d printed case (an upgrade from the clear heat shrink used on the older VDC/TCS only modules)

1x Colour Installation Guide  (This is provided by a PDF link to save on paper)

1x Metal Switch with Red LED

I'm not very active on the forums anymore since selling the car, but still sell these modules on my site, link below!
https://www.cs2000-z-tech.co.uk/collections/350z-compatible-modules/products/burnout-brake-boost-tcs-vdc-disable-module

NOTE: This module is for MANUAL 350Z's only! It causes weird issues in Auto vehicles and i've not even tried to fit this into a 370 yet, perhaps in time! (any volunteers?)

Edited by cs2000
Images
  • Like 1

So, just to address that comment, and for anyone else that maybe feel like they should have waited,Sorry! When i released the VDC/TSC module, i had no idea at all that this would be a requested mod too. More importantly, nor did i know if i could even do it, so didn't wanna say "yeah hold on il sort one out". Working on it on and off, its still taken me 8 months to get here :)

We now have a tester in the form of @Daisyduke :thumbs:

Edited by cs2000

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all.

Have finally put the 350 back together and managed to take it for a little drive last night. 

This mod is really good. 

Burnouts.

Took a little getting used to as there is just a fraction of a seconds worth of throttle cut. Just means if you are doing a burnout you need to ensure you broke traction well first and not smash on the brakes.

I dont think my clutch massively enjoyed my first attempt. Lol

Brake boosting.

(I dont have a turbo but it's easy to simulate the idea) is really easy. 

Can maintain a speed with the brakes while creating load and bringing up the throttle very easily. 

I didn't feel any of the throttle cut while doing this but the momentum of the already rolling car probably negated it.

Installation.

The instructions are very well put together and easy to follow. 

It is a little more worrying than the Tcs/vdc switch mod as you go after the ecu also. So it's a little more involved.

I also removed the whole panel in the passenger dash so I didn't have to flip upside down which made it a easier.

I cant recommend this to anyone that has a worry about all electrical items and has never crimped a wire before. 

It would be pretty easy for an auto electrician to fit though if you so require.

Overall if you are looking at the tcs/vdc switch anyway then this is a great addition and would be very useful for drag events, if you like to roll race, and I cant comment on drifting but if you require to accelerate with a touch of brakes at any point this will be very useful.

Any questions about anything specific that I can test or help with, let me know.

Regards

Daisy

• Like 1

Thanks for being my guinea pig @Daisyduke

the burnout does indeed (as I mentioned) give a tiny bit of throttle cut before restoring, this is to keep the ECU happy :)

i too think j rather annoyed my clutch in attempt 1, but by 2 and 3 I’d got it pinned down 

there is also a throttle cut when you do brake boosting, but as you say, the momentum on the car negates it anyway.

im just pleased my results are value dated meaning this is now for sale!

im currently away, sunning it in Crete, so if you want one, just stick your name below, il get back to you on the 29th/30th once I’m back home :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I’m back from my honeymoon and luckily the LED buttons I ordered came into stock, I now have 5 of these assembled, ready to go!

drop me a PM or comment on here if you’re interested. Happy to answer any questions too of course!

just like the TCS/VDC module, these will be always in stock and available now :) 

this is awesome, well done for having the talent and knowledge to do this. might try and swing one for my birthday at end of august from the wife lol, she's getting me a throttle controller also lol, so this might add nicely to it lol!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have 4 of these in stock, for the next 14 days, so until the end of 08/10/2019, these will be on sale at ~20% off, meaning £64 inc postage whilst stock of these lasts.

Its going into winter now :( so not keen on hanging onto too much stock over winter.

EDIT: Sale now over, still got some in stock, PM me or post on here if you want to purchase :)

Edited by cs2000

• 2 months later...

Got a few of these left in stock currently (3) as have been selling some via the club facebook page.

I know its winter and loosing traction is probably the last thing on your mind, but if you're thinking about one of these for next year, get them now. Theirs usually a massive surge in there around Feb/March as peoples cars come out of hibernation and im not building any more until these (due to lack of parts) have gone, so you may miss out.

As a little sweetener as we all know this is an expensive time of the year, any orders from now until the end of the year get 10% off :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sent mate!

EDIT: 2 left now, sale has ended now so back to full price. Just remember, there was a rush on these early in the year so if you want one, grab them now! 

If anybody fancies a Group Buy on these, il do the same 10% off for groups of 5+ and 20% for groups of 10+

Edited by cs2000

OK, so Xmas is over, the country is slowly coming out of winter and people will be pulling their Z's out of hibernation and thinking of show season and the fun of the next year ahead.

With that in mind, i have begun to build up another batch of modules and its Group Buy time. I have a whole heap of the blank PCB's in stock and some spare components so im working with what i have in stock but not built.

I have also tweaked the software and sped up the reaction time, rather than a 1 second delay, theirs now an imperceptible delay of around 0.1 second. Easier burnouts, or good for drifting ;) 

GB will work as follows

GB Starts: Now

GB Ends: 31st March 2020

Discount: 0-5 Members, 10% (£71.95), 6+ Members, 25% (£59.95)

Theirs no limit to the amount of spots on the list.

Stick your name down if interested!

This is open to people on the club Facebook group too, so I will be adding names to the list as/when anyone from there joins the list.

1. Paul Barlow (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

2. Jimmy Nsouli (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

3. Ben Simmonds (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

4. Alex Barmby (Club Facebook Group) -Completed, Posted

5. Tom Wray (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

6. Ryan Lakey (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

7. Robert Johnson (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

8. Mitch Squires (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

10. Garrett Mc Monagle (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

11. Antonio Choi (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

12. Scott R Mitchell (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

13. John Clark (Club Facebook Group) - Completed, Posted

14. Kieran Blackburn (Club Facebook Group)  - Payment Requested

16. Dan Skippy Thomas (Club Facebook Group) - Payment Requested

20. da.murf - Payment Requested

9. Harrison Schultz (Club Facebook Group) - PAID

15. Gareth Hyndman (Club Facebook Group) - PAID

17. Deville Nanny (Club Facebook Group) - PAID

18. Bluer_01 - PAID

19. Bozhidar Tashev (Club Facebook Group) - PAID

Edited by cs2000
Added Facebook members into GB

• 3 weeks later...

Group buy is going well on the Facebook group.

We are now at 15 members on the list which is great, however one person has fallen through as i cant get hold of them.

Once i have 15 people paid up, one person will receive a full refund so their module is free!

Still 6 weeks left on this before the price goes back up to full price.

• 1 month later...

Morning guys, i suspect this has mostly ran its coure now, but you have exactly 2 weeks until the price goes back up.

I wont be doing a price like this again, so if you want one at this price, get on the list ASAP.

I have 6 modules built and almost ready to go, i have PCB's for another 6-8 which can be made up with a quick component order.

Im sadly waiting on the LED buttons, but after about 5 weeks of delays, ive finally received shipping notifications. 

With all things taken into consideration, i hope to ship out the remaining order by the time the GB closes.

Theirs always space on the list, so get added if you want in.

UPDATE
I’ve placed a THIRD order for these damn buttons and a couple of days ago actually been informed that 2 of my order have been dispatched. I’m so sorry for the delays, but having the Chinese spring festival and this Coronavirus has really screwed up shipping around the world. They should be here in a few weeks when hopefully this has calmed down, at least a little.

Edited by cs2000

• 2 weeks later...