Fuel additive

formatzero

The only filling station  in my hometown suppling higher that 95 ron fuel are doing away with it and replacing with additional diesel pomps ! Next nearest station is 45miles away so not ideal,are additives any good ?and if so are any better than others ?

Could also think about getting the car remapped and putting a 95 Ron map on? Not a good idea in the long run but would help when you've got no choice. 

Always stick to 98 or above where you can. I know it's easier said than done when it's 45 miles to your nearest adequate station. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, delz0r said:

I’ve has 3 350Zs over the last 6 years. All ran on 95 RON, there’s no 98 here in Ireland. 

None have blown up.

On track I run NF ultra to boost the octane. 

Same here ran my 350 on 95 only. I was doing 700 miles per week commute mostly motorway , no issues. 

They are solid cars trust them.

10 hours ago, stanski said:

Same here ran my 350 on 95 only. I was doing 700 miles per week commute mostly motorway , no issues. 

That's good info,lots of guys round here in the same boat because although we are remote we were used to this filling station having the fuel(,been that way for many years ) so there quite a few performance cars around.

11 hours ago, stanski said:

20 hours ago, delz0r said:

I’ve has 3 350Zs over the last 6 years. All ran on 95 RON, there’s no 98 here in Ireland. 

None have blown up.

On track I run NF ultra to boost the octane. 

Meant to ask were your Zeds later models ? mine is a 55 plate so early engine.

39 minutes ago, formatzero said:

Meant to ask were your Zeds later models ? mine is a 55 plate so early engine.

Mine was the HR engine 2007, but its the same engine and still the same engine in the 370z. They are well engineered made from good materials not like some manufacturers. 

My other half had a Fairlady import 2003 with same engine as yours and that was on 95 Ron only too.

Just keep them serviced properly use good oil and they will run and run.

If you have a GTr thats another game, they are super high pressure, high precision engines and designed to run on rocket fuel. Zeds are not in the same category. People like Zedmanalex race them, rebuilt them know them inside out can probably answer better than me but in 3 years of ownership and 45000 miles I had zero issues running on 95 ron.

Edited by stanski

25 minutes ago, stanski said:

Mine was the HR engine 2007, but its the same engine and still the same engine in the 370z. They are well engineered made from good materials not like some manufacturers. 

My other half had a Fairlady import 2003 with same engine as yours and that was on 95 Ron only too.

Just keep them serviced properly use good oil and they will run and run.

If you have a GTr thats another game, they are super high pressure, high precision engines and designed to run on rocket fuel. Zeds are not in the same category. People like Zedmanalex race them, rebuilt them know them inside out can probably answer better than me but in 3 years of ownership and 45000 miles I had zero issues running on 95 ron.

Ok thanks for that !

Done a few road trips up the west side of Scotland and never run out of super unleaded helped by the large tanks in the 350/370. 

But yes those trips were planned to ensure the tanks could be filled up with the preferred petrol - the Gleaner stations scattered around usually doing the job.  As scobie140 shows, there is a risk of not using 98+ and continued use of 95ron has revealed engine damage particularly when using over 5000 revs, so when those who say much of their journeys are commuting that is unlikely to be much of an issue.

So the more miles done using non super unleaded and regularly hitting the loud pedal on short trips is not good news for Zed engine reliability - some get lucky but others not. 

• Like 1