Quick Jack

s200bym

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Beggers said:

Just took delivery of a BL-5000SLX for £999 (inc + delivery) from Costco.co.uk   for use with my 350Z, S2K and Santa Fe.

only tested with our SantaFe.   so quick and easy. Brilliant.     

That's the one I have. Awesome bit of kit. Expensive initial investment but I got my moneys worth easily when I used it working on my Mini earlier in the year.

They are very solid bits of kit. You just slide the ramp under each side of the car, connect its compressor to a car battery, hit the up button and the cars up in the air. On the Mini I could get under it and easily drop the exhaust out without anything being "in your face" like it would be on axle stands. I also dropped the front subframe and wheeled that out easily with loads of clearance.

When I was setting the ride height up it was so handy. Adjust the ride height, drop it down to the ground and check, then back up in the air to adjust some more etc... so easy.

They also have the benefit that they are portable, unlike a fixed 2 or 4 post ramp, so you can take them to track days etc easily. Also with a 2 or 4 post lift I believe you need to re-enforce the garage floor to handle the weight.

The quickjack customer service is also good. I had an issue with a leaking valve once - gave them a call and they posted one out next day delivery for me without any questions.

That costco price is very good.

20190628_192437.jpg.52f734cb0e553ccec7804c76e2fa9914.jpg

6 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

They look amazing 

Do you trust them fully or do you put some stands underneath aswell 

They have a self locking mechanism which automatically locks in at 2 height levels as you raise the car up. Its all very secure and solid. I triple checked everything before I dared to go under it the first time.

5 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

They have a self locking mechanism which automatically locks in at 2 height levels as you raise the car up. Its all very secure and solid. I triple checked everything before I dared to go under it the first time.

Sounds good

I just need a big enough garage now:lol:

• Like 1