Bonnet Dampers

SiriusProjects

I was thinking about fitting bonnet dampers to my 370z Nismo and found some on TORQEN, but it seems you need an additional kit that replace the bonnet hinges.

Has anyone on here fitted bonnet dampers and if so, have you also used the additional kit for replacing the hinges?

@Adrian@TORQEN can explain it best of all but you'll need to use both and declare it to insurance.

Issue is the UK safety feature which pops the bonnet up when a front on collision occurs with a pedestrian. Bonnet needs to pop up etc., also think it causes a check engine light/error code if you decide to remove it. 

Most UK users have avoided doing the mod. Unless you're showing off your engine bay, I'd say its worth spending time and money else where. 

Edited by Umster

15 hours ago, Umster said:

@Adrian@TORQEN can explain it best of all but you'll need to use both and declare it to insurance.

Issue is the UK safety feature which pops the bonnet up when a front on collision occurs with a pedestrian. Bonnet needs to pop up etc., also think it causes a check engine light/error code if you decide to remove it. 

Most UK users have avoided doing the mod. Unless you're showing off your engine bay, I'd say its worth spending time and money else where. 

Thanks for the info. It's not something I definitely wanted to do and since not many UK owners have done it anyway, I'll probably, as you say, spend my money elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

Probably better off pestering in the GTR forums - Z owners hardly do this but GTR owners do. Mad to think Nissan's flagship car also uses a bonnet stay but yeah, or ping Torqen a message, they sell the kit so I'm sure they will know who's done it etc.