Corroded cat flange to y pipe

Vid

Hi all,

I took the car to an exhaust place to have my new stillen/cobra system fitted, only to be told that the flanges on the cats were so knackered they needed replacing, which they can do as they build custom systems - so had to book it in again. 

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I am of course fully prepared to be bombarded with - just go for hfc’s - but I just haven’t got the funds for that just yet. I’m only having to do the exhaust as they failed it on the mot - was planning on sorting it next year, but needs must. 

Thanks. 

Thanks mate, might be an idea to get some second hand ones. That guy states in his advert he won’t post though unfortunately. 

I’m stuck between that now and trusting they will do the flanges correctly, as in get them at the correct angle so as everything else fits nice. 

Why is it never straight forward?

So I went ahead with a mate and managed to get the exhaust off myself. Had to grind a stud, knock it through and fit a bolt and nut in its place, but didn't need new flanges - looks like they were feeding me some BS.