Black window strip.

Tomo

Just had the car resprayed and it looks fantastic. However, not sure what to do with black window strips. Not sure what they are made of and I seemingly can't get rid of the marks. 20190622_135055.jpg.a7b6ffa4a251ff721840dbce86f04309.jpg If I'm not being clear I have attached a picture. Anybody had or resolved the problem. 

20190622_134900.jpg

20190622_134839.jpg

You could also try Solution Finish.

I normally use Gtechniq C4 trim restorer, but when NOTHING can bring the black back, this was amazing.

Used it on a plastic bumper that had been filled and painted with textured black paint.

The paint had faded and went patchy.

It's not a restorer as such but a dye.

You only need a small bottle as a little goes a long way.

• Like 1

Try cleaning it thoroughly first, usually this is stuff bonded onto the surface rather than damage to it - on your last picture, you've got a similar issue with the B Pillar trim as well (although you need to treat that slightly differently!).

For your window strip; Strong APC & degreaser (Bilt Hamber Surfex HD) sprayed on & thoroughly worked before clay. If it's no different then a trim restorer (such as Solution Finish) but if cleaning makes any difference (better or worse) you won't need anything more than a dressing like C4 or Gyeon Trim to bring it back to life. 

The rear window strips just need a clean (moderate APC) and dressing.

For your B pillar; mild APC & degreaser to clean then polish with minimal cut - they scratch very easily, polishing by machine in situ (and then never even looking at them again, let alone touching them) will give best results.

And seeing as I'm here, the rubber seals in your door could do with a good deep clean (mild APC) and feed (Gummi Pfledge) too.