Power Steering Noise

JakeH

Since I bought my car around a month ago I have noticed it makes a horrible noise when steering at slow speeds, particularly when parking and reversing. The issue doesn’t occur when I start the car up and reverse out of a space etc but by the end of a journey and I come to park it makes the noise. I can also smell power steering fluid when the noise occurs.

If I use a bit more throttle the steering becomes a lot lighter and the noise stops but obviously I don’t want to be doing this whilst parking because it’s not too kind on the clutch and makes me sound like I can’t drive the car!

I have tried siphoning the old power steering fluid out which looked quite dark and replacing it with newer fluid, I did this multiple times to try and get as much new fluid into the system as possible. But I still have the issue!

i was wondering if anyone else has this issue or has an idea of what it could be, wether it could be my power steering pump etc? 

All help is appreciated!!