350Z stalling when slowing down or idling.

alanh24

Had my Z for 11 years now and totally love it but the past 18 months or so it's been playing up to the point I don't trust it anymore.

When going slowing down or sitting in traffic/at a junction it will suddenly just die on me. If I switch off the ignition and refire the engine it will start after a few seconds turnover and be fine but afterwards, I get a smell of petrol in the car. Any ideas or any 350Z mechanics in the Guildford area who can take a look?

Don't know about any Zed specific reasons this would be happening but had this happen on a few different cars/bikes.

First place I'd look is the coils/plugs! 

What is it like when you put a lot of load on the motor? Accelerating up a hill for example? 

I'd also have a look at cleaning your airflow sensor. When was the last time the air filter was changed? 

If none of this works at least it will act as a "bump"! 

I had a similar issue (G35), no EML for ages, eventually it came it and it was the camshaft position sensor

On my zed the same sensor went and symptoms were a bit different. It would lose power for a split second then drive fine, but didn’t cut out. EML came on immediately 

Zed was manual, G is auto. Not sure if that’s where the difference lies?