Porsche 997 Carrera s or Lotus Evora

Minid

Thinking about selling the TVR Griffith. My griff is looking good after a recent respray but looking for more usability. The griff is an occasion car. Take out for a Sunday blast. Swaying between these two. May get small children in the back of either. Have to be a convertible for the 997. Problem is that I look at the griff and all the work done and how pretty she looks and change my mind. 

Be different... get an Evora lol  Won't be anywhere near as nice inside or quality wise as the Porky but you'll feel special with the low down position and knowing what it looks like.. that's the important thing! 

997.1 or .2? 

The Evora rides so much better than any 911, but the interior is a nightmare (stalks aren’t in the same postcode as the steering wheel!) plus build quality is typical lotus ie patchy at best. Also it’s a bit fugly. 

If you can get 997.2 then that’s where my money would go, but rear engined cars can take a while to get used to. 

Strange, Lotus evora starting prices for 2009-10 plate are around £27k.They don't drop alot. I can get a decent low mileage 997 for circa 25k. Massa gran turismo even cheaper. Think I have to rule the massa out, lovely looks but expensive to maintain and would prefer gutsier 4.7 litre over the 4.2 which is alot more pricier. Lotus would be great, lovely looks and great on the road but dodgy interior and rather pricey for low mileage models. Might have to be the 997.

Cayman is an option, but does not live up to a 911. Ekona, looking at 997.1 as 997.2 are a bit out of my price bracket. Fancy the convertible. Will look at getting an independent inspection re bore scoring/ims bearing issues. Might take me a few months, but will let the forum know when I have something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minid said:

Cayman is an option, but does not live up to a 911. 

Have you driven one? The 981 Cayman S is possibly the best road car Ive driven and not everyone gets on with the rear engine thing (me included)
I also think the 6 cylinders will be near appreciation proof ......... and its halfway between an Evora and a 911. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, docwra said:

Im torn between £30K on an earlyish 981S, £50K on a late 981 GTS or £70K on a 981 GT4, which do you reckon would be the best investment? 

Good question! Probably the £30K 981S, can't see that going too far south from there. The GTS is still top money, and the GT4 is going to be hurt by the 718 I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Good question! Probably the £30K 981S, can't see that going too far south from there. The GTS is still top money, and the GT4 is going to be hurt by the 718 I think.

Really? There are only around 500 UK cars of the GT4. I would still have it down as an appreciating asset. 

Still don’t see how a 981S will increase in value compared to a GT4 over the next 3-5 yrs.  

981 you can pick them up everywhere as many about. (Don’t get me wrong I think they are a great buy in terms of car for the money, but I don’t see investment opportunity screaming out)!

Totally appreciate it’s not me investing the money so it’s easy to talk. And £30k and £70k are very different amounts of investment. 

Either way you will have a cracking car I am sure.