1. 1. I think the winner will be...

• Johnson
    • Gove
    • Hunt
    • Javid
    • Stewart
    • Raab

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Looking forwards to this £350m a week we will have to spend come November...

Wow so they will use that to rejuvenate town centres, update hospitals, create job opportunities for everyone, money for schools, more Police on the streets, the possibilities are endless. 

...... oh and a bridge in London with grass and flowers on it. :bangin:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stanski said:

Wow so they will use that to rejuvenate town centres, update hospitals, create job opportunities for everyone, money for schools, more Police on the streets, the possibilities are endless. 

...... oh and a bridge in London with grass and flowers on it. :bangin:

I tell you what would be funny, if it wasn't actually £350m a week at all, can you imagine, if it was something like just two thirds of that :lol: That our now PM deliberately misled the public, can you imagine that!

Edited by coldel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

I tell you what would be funny, if it wasn't actually £350m a week at all, can you imagine, if it was something like just two thirds of that :lol: That our now PM deliberately misled the public, can you imagine that!

How dare you sir, imply a responsible member of parliament would mislead the public and his own people with such tales?

Hmm never happen in this country we are far too open and honest plus we have the humanitarian court of social media to guide us.:snack::blackeye:

B#####x.....

3 hours ago, stanski said:

How dare you sir, imply a responsible member of parliament would mislead the public and his own people with such tales?

Hmm never happen in this country we are far too open and honest plus we have the humanitarian court of social media to guide us.:snack::blackeye:

B#####x.....

I am sure the internet meme's, those in the public believed, are right and the treasury reports available online to anyone are wrong. 

Sure of it. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Oooooooooooooooooordddeeeeeeeeerrr! :lol:

That's my contribution done on this serious topic, I can move on now. 

We pride ourselves on being very serious in the zed club.

I am for example still mentally 12 even though for some strange reason I look older?

Then again cant be accused of having a mid life crisis , I simply am not old enough yet , Mustang or no Mustang.:lol:

35 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Scary thought, but what if he’s actually quite good? Get us through Brexit, get the economy sorted after (or stable anyway), and that’s pretty much all he needs to do. 

Well excellent but of course that means personality is more important than skill , experience and leadership!  (Maybe I am being a bit harsh, he is probably a lovely person and it will all be fine!)

Mind you we are in the celebrity age where anything goes, especially common sense out of the window.

I blame that orange tanning spray, probably find out in 10 years time it effects us like MSG or Blue Smarties.:p

Edited by stanski

34 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Scary thought, but what if he’s actually quite good? Get us through Brexit, get the economy sorted after (or stable anyway), and that’s pretty much all he needs to do. 

I've reported your post Dan with the rider "Dan's being sensible again"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Arguably personality is the most important thing at that level. If he can get the right people in place to do the actual work, who knows what might happen?

Still rather BoJo in no10 than Corbyn :p

That would make sense, except he was able to hand pick his team as Mayor and still only manage to build an imaginary bridge!

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Still rather BoJo in no10 than Corbyn :p

That’s a bit like saying I’d prefer a hamster to chew my legs off than a badger; I’m still going to lose my legs either way.

*full disclosure, in my first version of this analogy it wasn’t legs...

• Haha 1

The guy must have some nous about him, I mean he was an unmitigated failure in his previous roles and he got promoted. Only in politics!

I am sure he is a smart guy, his bumbling persona seems to work with the general population, enough the membership I guess feel to get them through a GE. 

However I am sure we will see over the coming months the unraveling of all his punchy talk coming to a similar position as TM ended up in on Brexit.

I like to think we still have a reasonably good media in this country and Im looking forward to them pulling him over the coals over everything he says that he fails to deliver on.
Sadly it wont move us any further on but it needs to be done, after Trumps comments this morning where he claimed a reported was dealing in fake news and then lied to them twice someone needs to hold politicians to account. A clown like Boris who says whatever comes into his head could be a good start. 

• Haha 1

Like I say mate, looking forwards to the 40% tax level moving, all these extra coppers, and the million other things he said he would do. Like I say, I wish I could find a career where repeated failure results in promotion - surely the Peter Principle has to apply to Boris at some point because he is way past his level.

8 minutes ago, Ekona said:

In fairness, how is that different from every other politician ever? No one delivers on every promise, regardless of what colour tie they wear. 

Sadly looks as though you get into politics for 2 reasons to make a difference or promote yourself to power. Unfortunately if you actually do care you probably get pushed back by the power hungry ones to ensure their way of life is maintained. 

Simple gang mentality eh? 

Strap in and lets wait for the ride. Radio 4 news at the ready.:snack:

18 minutes ago, Ekona said:

In fairness, how is that different from every other politician ever? No one delivers on every promise, regardless of what colour tie they wear. 

Had this conversation with someone else this morning. Failing to delivering on promises is different from outright lying, and Obama didnt lie to get what he wanted. 

Neither did Ghandi, Benezir Bhutto, Gladstone, George Washington, John McCain, Abe Lincoln, Caroline Lucas, Keir Hardy, Tony Benn, John Smith, Douglas Hurd, John Major, Mhairi Black, Ken Clarke, Charles Kennedy or Paddy Ashdown.

I personally admire my MP Heidi Allen for leaving the Conservatives when it became apparent they were hell bent on Brexit at all costs, I dont think Theresa May was power hungry either, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Boris is lying, making promises he blatantly cant keep and contradicting statements he made as little as few months ago and its all clearly just to get into power. What hes going to do when hes there is anyones guess but I really, really hope someone holds him to account at some point. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, docwra said:

Had this conversation with someone else this morning. Failing to delivering on promises is different from outright lying, and Obama didnt lie to get what he wanted. 

Neither did Ghandi, Benezir Bhutto, Gladstone, George Washington, John McCain, Abe Lincoln, Caroline Lucas, Keir Hardy, Tony Benn, John Smith, Douglas Hurd, John Major, Mhairi Black, Ken Clarke, Charles Kennedy or Paddy Ashdown.

I personally admire my MP Heidi Allen for leaving the Conservatives when it became apparent they were hell bent on Brexit at all costs, I dont think Theresa May was power hungry either, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Boris is lying, making promises he blatantly cant keep and contradicting statements he made as little as few months ago and its all clearly just to get into power. What hes going to do when hes there is anyones guess but I really, really hope someone holds him to account at some point. 

In a similar vein I hope the people in the whitehouse that hold the continuation of power, ensure Trumpster does not accidentally press that nuclear button. We are putting a lot of trust in the people behind the curtains to keep the world from fighting and bickering.

They should give him a 5 min delay function on his phone on his Twitter app so there is time to proof read his crap before he ends up starting a war.

As above, many politicians do not come through on promises but at least behind those promises are a reasonable business plan to achieve them and usually external factors that ultimately prevent them from achieving them. Boris on the other hand just makes up stuff as he goes along with I suspect a Trump like view that when it doesn't actually happen because he has no plan he will simply use deflection politics to point at others. 

• Like 2