15 members have voted

1. 1. I think the winner will be...

• Johnson
    • Gove
    • Hunt
    • Javid
    • Stewart
    • Raab

Well it seems Johnson has gone with the TM policy of skipping debates, whether it has equally disastrous consequences remains to be seen. I wonder how many Tory members were disappointed he didn't try and debate? Or was it a good move as we know he has little or no plan to try and push an exit deal through. So who do we think will get in? Bear in mind this is a vote on who will get in, not who will get the most MP's votes over the coming weeks which looks like it will be Johnson at the going rate. 

The debate was a debacle, Johnson did well to avoid it and get dragged in. Live debates come GE time is a good idea as it's us who will be doing the voting, but for a party leadership contest I just don't see the point. Yes whoever wins will be our next PM and that's kinda important, but we have zero say in it (unless you're a member of the Tory party) so it seems a bit of a waste of time.

As for who wins, if it's anyone other than BoJo it'll be a horrendous mistake. Like him or loathe him (and he's equally as divisive as Corbyn) he'll certainly be very different to what has come before and that might not be a bad thing, plus if anyone else wins then we'll end up with "But BoJo would've done X Y or Z much better!" for a few years. Might as well give him a crack and see what happens, if he cocks it all up then that's the end of his career and we'll never have to see him again :lol: Really the choice of Anyone But Boris or Boris is no different to Hilary or Trump: There's no winner here.

No-one in power would've made a better job of Brexit, regardless of what colour tie they wear. It was always going to be a mess and we'll be picking up the pieces for ages.

Not sure its a complete waste of time, the next PMs job is not only to sort out Brexit but also to win the next GE, there is no harm in using the platform to start building support from the off. Historically, I find anyway, politicians have underestimated the power of platform speaking and debate and the latent long and short term impact it has. It is fundamentally how sharing a message started thousands of years ago.

Johnson I think will be another shot in the arm for politics but will he succeed? Depends on what you term as success - if you want to alienate the country from some others and leave without a deal that's probably a nailed on success! 

Nice article here on the estimated profile of the party members voting in the next PM https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48395211 

Having watched the debate last night, I came away with the following opinions

Gove - still a weasel

Hunt - eyes too close together

Javid - too short and too nice in an "uncle Sajid" sort of way

Stewart - too many teeth but his attitude, if not his thinking, is growing on me

Raab - like a rabbit in the headlights

• Haha 3

Yes Raab got bullied and probably why Johnson didn't appear as he is aligned to Raabs way of thinking, Johnson is from what I have seen very good at standing in front of the cameras and talking but his policy knowledge and debating skills are relatively poor (doesn't bode well when he has to face off against the EU so would suspect he would get in fillers to manage it). 

35 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I'm just wondering where David Davis has gone :shrug:

Realised he was out of his depth, got found out and ran away, just like Raaaaaaab did.

The quicker Bojo gets the job, the quicker he’ll be properly found out and sent to political oblivion, never to be seen again :teeth:

• Haha 1

They are all the same. For some reason the social media generation appears to consider personality and public image more than content!

I still think Brexit was an experiment (or bet in a pub) to see if you fed the public enough rubbish they would believe anything! Well it worked!

Now you have all these idiots fighting for power but when it comes, god help us all! 

Trump is the classic example.

Did you ever watch this x files episode. Very funny and very relevant!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, galaxyg said:

We're bang in the middle of an era of terrible leaders, looking at the US, China, Russia, Turkey and Brazil as examples. We're not likely to be any different. 

Don't forget the Rocket Man!! :lol:

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2019 at 10:27, ATTAK Z said:

Having watched the debate last night, I came away with the following opinions

Gove - still a weasel

Hunt - eyes too close together

Javid - too short and too nice in an "uncle Sajid" sort of way

Stewart - too many teeth but his attitude, if not his thinking, is growing on me

Raab - like a rabbit in the headlights

Gove ? Thank God he has been voted out. I hope he now becomes a political insignificance. Still a weasel.

Hunt ? Hope he gives a good show even though he has no chance.

Javid ? He will probably continue in his present job.

Stewart ? Bit of a shame about him but he's young enough to have another go when Brexit has died down.

Raab ? Well I don't think you'll hear much more from him. Very poor show !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and he's in, after his 'brief' statement :lol:

Looking forwards to his pledges around never letting Heathrow build a 3rd runway, increasing 40% tax threashold to 80k and sticking 20,000 extra coppers on the street.

4 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Pretty amazing really! A few years back who would have thought.

What a clown for PM? Old news the Yanks already have a clown in charge too? Are we really in the Matrix or on a Trueman show film set?:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coldel said:

Its a shame Spitting Image isn't still around, their sketch of Boris meeting Trump would be TV gold :lol:

They have to bring that programme back but sadly all the weird stuff they used to do is actually true these days. :bangin:

38 minutes ago, stanski said:

What a clown for PM? Old news the Yanks already have a clown in charge too? Are we really in the Matrix or on a Trueman show film set?:lol:

A certain equilibrium - casually racist populist buffoons in charge on either side of the Atlantic.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sipar69 said:

A certain equilibrium - casually racist populist buffoons in charge on either side of the Atlantic.  

Well they do say the Fool shall inherit the earth, sadly it will be at everybody else's cost!  :surrender:

• Like 1