Rear Wiper Delete

SiriusProjects

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Will you bother with the washer jet too or leave as is? Clean looking now too btw.

I'm having a roof spoiler fitted so removing the washer jet is really going to depend on whether it causes an issue regarding the spoiler fitment. I may remove it anyway as without the wiper the washer jet is a bit redundant.

On 16/06/2019 at 13:26, Wheels 370z said:

May well be my next mini-mod. Any tips to make life easier in the removal process and grommet prep/painting??

Hi Wheels 370z,

The removal of the wiper and motor is quite easy.

1. Remove the small cover situated at the bottom of the wiper arm and undo the bolt underneath. The wiper arm can then be removed. 

2. After this, remove the rubber seal to reveal the hole in the bodywork.

3. Open up the boot and remove the large piece of plastic trim.

4. Underneath you will see the wiper motor on the right. First unplug the power cable from the motor and then remove the three bolts holding it in place. 

5. Use some zip ties or something to secure the power cable so that it doesn't flap around.

6. Once done, you can replace the plastic trim.

Optional - While you have the plastic trim off, you might want to consider removing the boot weight. I know it's a small mod that some people like to undertake.

As for painting the grommet. I firstly gave the surface of it a light sanding just to help improve the adherence of the spray paint.

I purchased the paint from a company on Ebay. In my case it was a 3 stage paint with paint code QAB (Pearl White). 1 aerosol for the ground-coat, 1 for the mid-coat and 1 for the lacquer. I'm no expert at spray painting, but I managed to find a video on you-tube which helped. I did 3 ground coats, 1 mid coat and then 2/3 coats of lacquer. All in all I was really pleased with the result.