New member - South East London

Hello all :thumbs:

I've had a soft spot for the 350Z for many years now. So after 10 years back n forth with M3's I've finally decided to go back to Jap and start looking for a 350Z.

I'm in no rush to get one so thought I would sign up on here and start reading up and doing my research. Any advice welcome :)

I've always wanted a black one so that will probably be the colour I will search for.  

Could anyone advise on the difference between the GT and non GT.  Is it only the Rays alloys and Brembo's?

I know we all love a pic or 2 so here's a couple of my Skylines:

image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

image_4.jpeg
image_5.jpeg

• Like 2

The GT pack gave you heated leather seats too. Although there not the best!

Something to think about if your into performance etc. I think the cruise control buttons mean you can run multiple ECU maps on Rev-up and HR engined cars, am unsure if it's possible on the DE.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

On 14/06/2019 at 14:17, ZMANALEX said:

:welcome:  to the forum.

On 14/06/2019 at 15:08, vicktor_the_ predictor said:

Welcome along! :wave:

On 14/06/2019 at 16:44, Kev T said:

Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome :thumbs:

17 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

gt is usually UK spec with cruise control, brembos and rays. Non GT come with cloth seats and standard spec. Usually imports from Japan

Thanks for the info, So I should be looking for a GT model then as I'd prefer to get one with the Brembos and Rays

9 hours ago, AntelopeSam said:

The GT pack gave you heated leather seats too. Although there not the best!

Something to think about if your into performance etc. I think the cruise control buttons mean you can run multiple ECU maps on Rev-up and HR engined cars, am unsure if it's possible on the DE.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks for the info, I'm not too worried about heated seats as I will be changing them out for some buckets.

That's interesting, I have seen the terms Rev up, DE and HR relating to the models/engines. I'm still unsure as to what one comes in what models/years and what the differences are. Is there any threads or pages I can read up on the differences?

5 hours ago, Peeege said:

Hi and :welcome:

9 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along buddy. 

8 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi from Bristol :teeth:

Thanks for the welcome  :thumbs:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

DE = 03 - 05 (More Torque down low apparently )

Rev Up DE = 06 (High revving oil burner) on some models

HR = 07 - 09 (Higher Revving, More refined)

Thanks for that.

I'll have a search and read up on those.

53 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

DE = 03 - 05 (More Torque down low apparently )

Rev Up DE = 06 (High revving oil burner) on some models

HR = 07 - 09 (Higher Revving, More refined)

Thanks for that.

I'll have a search and read up on those.

Welcome to the forum. The GT was a must for me when I was looking mostly due to the Brembo brakes (love the look of them)! Leather seats, Cruise control, and Bose sound system were a bonus. Plus the Rays wheels, although I think they were an option at different times. I went for a DE for the lower tax bracket. Prices seemed to have dropped a fair bit lately.

18 hours ago, Ian said:

:welcome:

17 hours ago, stanski said:

:welcome:to the forum

Thank you :thumbs:

8 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Cool, Im in London as well. But North West

I see there's a London members.  I look forward to getting to some meets/shows once I've found the right car :)

1 hour ago, StuZGT said:

Welcome to the forum. The GT was a must for me when I was looking mostly due to the Brembo brakes (love the look of them)! Leather seats, Cruise control, and Bose sound system were a bonus. Plus the Rays wheels, although I think they were an option at different times. I went for a DE for the lower tax bracket. Prices seemed to have dropped a fair bit lately.

I have to agree! I will be going for a GT as well. I think they look so much better with the Brembo's and Rays alloys.

I think on the engine front I'd prefer the HR but wont let that stop me from getting an earlier model if one comes up in the right colour and spec.

• 4 weeks later...