Stability issue on new tyres

leebottrill

At the end of the day mate, the buck stops with you as you instructed the PZero to be fitted to your car.

Most tyre fitters are exactly that, tyre fitters and they don't know their arse from there elbow.

PZero are not shite, they are simply not suited to your car when mixed with others, simples.

is this so difficult to understand mate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, leebottrill said:

I totally get what you’re saying. I’ll wait for the result of the suspension check and go from there. 

Good luck with your suspension check, however, the fault does not lie there I am afraid.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2019 at 09:42, leebottrill said:

Last week i had new tyres on the rear. I normally get MPSS or MPS4. This time i went with the P Zero. The fronts are getting worn, but they have a bit of lift left!

Since the tyre change my car has felt very unstable. Any driving over 50mph the car is feeling like its fishtailing. At motorway speeds it feels almost like its being caught in high winds. Cornering feel is also not great. 

I went back to the tyre shop and they checked the pressures, balancing and did a 4 wheel alignment. The rears were slightly out. Unfortunately the car is still feeling like crap. They said it could be due to have new on the rear and warn on the fronts. 

Potentially suspension problem? If so why has this happened when I've changed tyres?

Any help would be great.

Those highlighted words should make it absolutely clear that it was the tyre change that has prompted your current issue - I really hope you have taken the advice fully on board and not wasting further money on unnecessary work.

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

UPDATE.

I had the car in last Friday and they couldn't see any problems with the suspension. I took the car back this morning and had Pilot sport 4's put on the back. I haven't had a proper drive yet but it already feels better than it did.  I'm really surprised how much the mixing of tyres made to the feel of the car. Lesson learned!!

I was thinking of keeping the Pzeros and put them back on with matching fronts when the Michelin's ware out. Sound like a plan?

Thanks for all your advise, and sorry for doubting some of you to start with. 

• Like 2

Good news that the tyre change appears to have addressed your issue.:thumbs:

Personally, when the time comes to change the front tyres you have (mpss) I would opt for the MP4s then and maybe given the rears will be wearing more it would make sense to get a set of new 4 MP4s on all 4 corners.  Rather that than using Pzero's that from those who have experienced those tyres on the Zeds are just bad news.  Flog the redundant pair now I would say.

4 hours ago, leebottrill said:

UPDATE.

I had the car in last Friday and they couldn't see any problems with the suspension. I took the car back this morning and had Pilot sport 4's put on the back. I haven't had a proper drive yet but it already feels better than it did.  I'm really surprised how much the mixing of tyres made to the feel of the car. Lesson learned!!

I was thinking of keeping the Pzeros and put them back on with matching fronts when the Michelin's ware out. Sound like a plan?

Thanks for all your advise, and sorry for doubting some of you to start with. 

Glad to hear it's sorted and I'm sure you will be more than happy with the michelins! 

I had a good drive last night. The car is 100% back to normal. Unbelievable how much those tyres changed my car! I hope someone contemplating the same as me reads this first and saves themselves a few hundred quid! 

No onto all the other jobs that needs doing!