Nankang AR-1 - what sizes?

delz0r

I’m using my 350Z 95% on track now. It’s had AD08Rs until now, they’re just worn and I’d like to try the Nankang AR-1s to see if they offer more grip. 

The car is running the GT4 stock wheels, which are the same size as the rays.

The AD08Rs come in the stock size of 225/45/18 and 245/45/18. However, the Nankangs do not .... 

235/40/18 is available for the fronts, which should work for the fronts but the Nankang website lists rim width as 8.5” for this size. However, I have read people running this size on rays at the front which are 8”?

The option which may work for the rear is 255/35/18? Nankang lists this as compatible with a 9” rim ....

Thoughts? Anyone ran AR1s on stock wheels?

On 13/06/2019 at 18:28, Kieran O'Quick said:

+1

I ran those sizes on Rays last season. They're really grippy when up to temp. Good lateral grip in the wet too.

That’s great. Have you also run AD08Rs? If so how do they compare?

I ran MPSS which were bloody good. Then went to R888r toyos which were a different league. 1.7 seconds quicker on a minute lap. Can't fairly compare the Ar1 because I went SC in between but I'd have to say the lateral grip was nuts on them. Chasing times this year, I'm on the Polish Extremes because of the compounds they offer and the price. 

If you're doing trackdays I'd say the Ar1 is hardcore stuff, nearly a slick, but pretty durable. 

On 14/06/2019 at 23:10, Kieran O'Quick said:

I ran MPSS which were bloody good. Then went to R888r toyos which were a different league. 1.7 seconds quicker on a minute lap. Can't fairly compare the Ar1 because I went SC in between but I'd have to say the lateral grip was nuts on them. Chasing times this year, I'm on the Polish Extremes because of the compounds they offer and the price. 

If you're doing trackdays I'd say the Ar1 is hardcore stuff, nearly a slick, but pretty durable. 

Cheers man. Good info, think I’ll give the AR1s a go and see how I get on.