Roadside tyre repair kits

davey_83

Not specific to the 350z, had anyone bought or used one of these kits? Couple of mates have had punctures gone to a garage for repairs and they've plugged it and sent them in their way. The repair is similar to what the AA and RAC etc do for members, treated as a permanent repair. I bought a kit for emergencies and the other morning noticed the wifes Nissan Note N/S rear tyre was flat. Screw dead center of the tread, so used the kit and thus far it's been fine. Cut the plug a bit proud of the tyre, so it would wear in a tad and blew the tyre up to spec. Will buy another kit to leave in the Zed now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ISFHBWE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A66GM1OKAU2KN&psc=1

2084269050_IMG_20190611_122429396_HDR2.jpg.095ffa8067d7c1fd43d6bf47bf159310.jpg

360682592_IMG_20190611_122422689_HDR2.jpg.94001f670b496b6596c24db4405b0837.jpg

I bought this exact same kit last year before going on a euro trip, luckily not had to use it yet though but glad to see it works well.

Not sure I'd like to use the tyre afterwards though I have ad08rs and use them on track but atleast it would get me home etc.

18 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Did it come with the glue? As some of the reviews on there say it didnt? For the money I might get one just to repair my tyres as/when.

Didn't come with any glue, having used this type of repair kit once didn't feel the need for anything more. Carried out the repairs while it was raining which was useful as the wet tread would have showed any air leaks after repair.

Edited by davey_83

So basically you push a rubber type plug in the tyre from the outside?

I have seen these at tyre places but generally from inside the tyre? Usually though they are patches like on a bike?

Of course you cant fix stuff near the side of the tyre wall.

Ironically I have never used the foam in a can until I thought to try it to fix a slow leak in my old Rover. Damn thing actually works? Been 6 months now. I recon its just minor wisp on the rim , it is from 1965 after all 

So impressed with Holts tyre weld and its water based so doesn't trash your tyre like the early goop used to.

I have a Holts fluid can in the Zed also, I've read that the manufacturers ones have a used by date but couldn't find this info for the Holts offering?

Yeah the hole is plugged from the outside, ie a roadside repair. As you pull the tool out of the tyre leaving the folded plug, the for needed must mushroom the plug also on the inside creating a patch as the plug is super sticky.