Both windows not dropping a little

avado

Hello guys,

I need some help with this problem.

Both windows not dropping a little bit when l'm going to open each door. But when I open the door and manually push the window down after that it closing perfect.

I tried to reset them manually by open and closing fully the windows without success.

The left window motor is soon repaired so I think the problem is not in the motors. I made a video:

Kindly asking moderator to move this topic in the 350z forum. 

Edited by avado

As above, check the door switch (nipple). Whilst your door is open, you can press/release the switch to check if your windows are moving. I take it your window will go fully up and down without issue? If they are working well, then i would do a full reset ie removing door card

• 1 month later...
On 11/06/2019 at 10:02, veeg33 said:

As above, check the door switch (nipple). Whilst your door is open, you can press/release the switch to check if your windows are moving. I take it your window will go fully up and down without issue? If they are working well, then i would do a full reset ie removing door card

Finally, I find some time to check these windows again. 

I checked the door switches (nipples). They work perfectly.

Yes, my windows go fully up and down without issue. I made a full reset of the window by removing the door card. I'm 100% sure I did this correctly because first I reset the window to open only half and after that reset it to open fully. The problem is still there! 

Is it possible too much dust to case this problem? I'm planning to open the door again and to clean all the crease there and after that to grease it again.

My question is how this window is dropping down? Is by gravity or the motor is running a bit backwards? 

17 minutes ago, avado said:

Yes, my windows go fully up and down without issue. I made a full reset of the window by removing the door card. I'm 100% sure I did this correctly because first I reset the window to open only half and after that reset it to open fully. The problem is still there! 

Is it possible too much dust to case this problem? I'm planning to open the door again and to clean all the crease there and after that to grease it again.

My question is how this window is dropping down? Is by gravity or the motor is running a bit backwards? 

Hi mate :pmzmanalex: he will be able to advise you on the best way to get your window repaired 

18 hours ago, avado said:

If everything is moving as they should, i think the mechanism is OK but no harm greasing it again.

I'm pretty sure the motor drives the window up and down, not down by gravity.

IMO, i would change the motor as my next step. £25 ish from Ebay specials. Make sure you get one with a reset button on the motor. Plenty on sale without the button

2 hours ago, veeg33 said:

If everything is moving as they should, i think the mechanism is OK but no harm greasing it again.

I'm pretty sure the motor drives the window up and down, not down by gravity.

IMO, i would change the motor as my next step. £25 ish from Ebay specials. Make sure you get one with a reset button on the motor. Plenty on sale without the button

Did you buy some motor from ebay? can you send me a link, because there are too many fake motors on the market?

3 hours ago, avado said:

Did you buy some motor from ebay? can you send me a link, because there are too many fake motors on the market?

This is the seller i got it from -->

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Window-Regulator-Motor-Front-Left-For-Nissan-350Z-Z33-Skyline-V35-2002-2009/183510741412?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Don't bothered with the instruction that comes with it. And if you do remove the motor, i find it handy by using lots of masking tape to hold your current mirror in position. This should save you from removing it, placing it in a safe place and putting it back after you swapped the motor.

1 hour ago, veeg33 said:

This is the seller i got it from -->

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Window-Regulator-Motor-Front-Left-For-Nissan-350Z-Z33-Skyline-V35-2002-2009/183510741412?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Don't bothered with the instruction that comes with it. And if you do remove the motor, i find it handy by using lots of masking tape to hold your current mirror in position. This should save you from removing it, placing it in a safe place and putting it back after you swapped the motor.

Two pairs of hands are best for this job, imo