Charging battery

Minid

Its simple enough to pop the leads off the battery and connect your charger.

I just think from an electronics and fire safety perspective, probably safer to do it disconnected properly? You dont want to fry anything. 

When I first got my Zed, I tried to maintain battery charge via the 12 volt connector and, like you, found it wasn't possible. I understand that some cars are not able to charge in this way, in order to protect the electronics.

As Stanski suggests, it's easy just to pop the bonnet, and even easier if you attach quick connect leads to the battery terminals.

I have just bought a replacement CTEK battery conditioner/charger for my Zed and can recommend it.

+1 for ctek. I have the 5.0 version i think. Lots of good reviews on them. And as said above, they come with both clamp and circular connectors, the latter can be left permanently connected to the terminals like i have done in pic below so all you have to do is connect the cable from the main unit into the orange/black connector block any time you want to use it. 

87527BAE-6759-45E1-BBB0-BE7539C7257D.jpeg.5ec63d23fd4b991877a6851f2a315215.jpeg

+1 for the Ctek charger. I have it setup whereby I can charge/top up the battery without needing to gain entry to the vehicle. Have the supplied leads connected to the battery and then led up towards the wipers as an external plug point.

Edited by davey_83

+1 for Ctek I got one off amazon in a sale. I went to a huge car showroom to look at a classic car for a member on here it had Ferraris Lambos etc. in there, all of them sat there with identical Cteks hooked up. If its good enough for a 458 then its good enough for me!

My friend has an accumate with the same set up. Do the small eye connectors just bolt onto the terminals by undoing the small nut on each side which connect to the battery as they are two small to go straight onto the battery terminals themselves.