Life with the Stang week 2.

stanski

Thought I would share my experience living with the crazy gaz guzzler I purchased 2 weeks ago. 

So far no buyers remorse, in fact I absolutely love it. :yahoo:

Yes its very blue, yes I am paranoid about parking. It does fit in a space (just) and after a recent van scrape against a post in a multistorey incident, I am super careful with this one.

Its very zed like? I can't quite describe it?

I only do a short commute to work and tend to go through town. So ignoring the electric blue colour it tends to get a good reaction from people, they smile and wave and thumbs up, the rest just stare trying to figure out what it is? I do feel I am in a big blue goldfish bowl sometimes , but  I dont really take that much notice anymore.

The sound is glorious, it does have a performance exhaust back so louder than normal but its not in your face offensive. 

You do feel like you need to apply for a HGV license some days. The turning circle is on a par with a cruise ship in Venice.:lol:  Just remember to start to turn once you are in the next postcode area and you will be fine.

After years of driving Jap cars with snug cabins and dainty pedal clusters, this one has to be driven like you are riding a horse, legs apart to reach the gas pedal!

I get about 18.5mph around town and 25-27mpg on the motorway.

Everyone always lets me out even on the motorway, maybe they think its Donald Trump!

The satnav is fantastic, as is the stereo. The additional lighting everywhere ,which you can set the colour, is a nice touch.

Seats are comfy every car should have cooled and heated seats by default. 

Fantastic GT car exactly what I wanted.

Rear seats perfect for my daughter.

Boot is huge plenty of space to dump a few mafia dons plus cash.

Downside.

Its not a shrinking violet in a sea of Audis!

Its a bit clumsy in small spaces but I am getting used to it.

The cup holders are still for the yank market and the hardbrake is about 6 feet on the passenger side. 

There is no mute button for the stereo or a take me home button on the satnav home screen.

Erm and thats it.

1st world problems eh?

Get the shadow editon like mine or the earlier pre-face lift. Cheaper on roadtax and they still look like a Mustang.

The new one has lost its mojo at the front.

Fuel tank is small for a GT car really but plan your journey and its fine .

Give one a try you before they get killed off by emissions. At least its not diesel.

Stan

IMG_20190526_200530933_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190525_210714707_20190607174339583.jpg

IMG_20190604_161552187.jpg

IMG_20190525_213803462.jpg

IMG_20190526_172822881.jpg

• Like 2

Nice write up Stan :thumbs:

The menus on the dash with the graphic oil temp, vacuum, etc. are useful to gauge when to start ‘using’ the loud pedal.  The sat nav has a home setting btw, on sync2 anyway.

the 61ltr tank can take you well over 300+ miles, even at Autobahn speeds, more at a more sedate pace.  

Get the car over to Europe buddy, it’ll become even more apparent how good a GT the Mustang is, so far I’ve done a road trip to Lake Garda, Bergamon in the South of France (including the WHOLE route Napoleon) and Le Mans.

Heart is set on a Whipple, however the dollar exchange rate is particularly poor, so going to pull the trigger on a power pack upgrade from JWR.

Zed like?  You better believe it, you just can’t stop modding a ‘Stang :clap:

You will always be let out of junctions, people love the car, more than generally, it’s an icon and three years in, nothing else takes my fancy at the mo.

enjoy and keep posting your Stang life B)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Nice write up Stan :thumbs:

The menus on the dash with the graphic oil temp, vacuum, etc. are useful to gauge when to start ‘using’ the loud pedal.  The sat nav has a home setting btw, on sync2 anyway.

the 61ltr tank can take you well over 300+ miles, even at Autobahn speeds, more at a more sedate pace.  

Get the car over to Europe buddy, it’ll become even more apparent how good a GT the Mustang is, so far I’ve done a road trip to Lake Garda, Bergamon in the South of France (including the WHOLE route Napoleon) and Le Mans.

Heart is set on a Whipple, however the dollar exchange rate is particularly poor, so going to pull the trigger on a power pack upgrade from JWR.

Zed like?  You better believe it, you just can’t stop modding a ‘Stang :clap:

You will always be let out of junctions, people love the car, more than generally, it’s an icon and three years in, nothing else takes my fancy at the mo.

enjoy and keep posting your Stang life B)

Thanks mate. Yes I recon I can get around 300+ on a tank which is great for my usual trips up and down the country. It even handles really well on the twisty bits. 

Satnav mines a sync 3 maybe I need to read the manual (typical bloke) :lol:

Wow you did some proper trips abroad I need to broaden my horizons. Will try and arrange something soon. 

I did 400 miles in 1 day and felt fine when I got out. Perfect.

Good luck with yours.

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

nice car dude. A proper GT with good straight line performance. There are a couple in my area. Mostly red and black. Cant beat the sound of a V8 

Thanks. Only a handful near me usually black or grey. 

It had to be this blue for me. 

Hey Stan,

Really glad you're enjoying it.  Im a bit jealous yours is a shadow edition... i might try peeling off your side decals and put them on mine when we meet up. :ninja:

The sat nav - the home button is in Favourites>Home.  It feels like there should have been a home button on the main menu though.

Ive only been on a motorway once with mine in just over a year.  I think i've averaged probably 19 mpg in the year 15 months i've had it.  Planning a trip to Spa for the F1 later this year though. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marzman said:

Hey Stan,

Really glad you're enjoying it.  Im a bit jealous yours is a shadow edition... i might try peeling off your side decals and put them on mine when we meet up. :ninja:

The sat nav - the home button is in Favourites>Home.  It feels like there should have been a home button on the main menu though.

Ive only been on a motorway once with mine in just over a year.  I think i've averaged probably 19 mpg in the year 15 months i've had it.  Planning a trip to Spa for the F1 later this year though. :)

Haha oi! I will have to keep an eye on you. :bangin:I can measure the strips for you if you like? Cant be that hard to get a vinyl place to cut some up?

Sorry re satnav I meant the home location should be on the first satnav screen not flick through favourites. Even my van has that. Minor thing.:wacko:

Had to buy a lower height thermal mug for the cup holder so it didn't get in the way of the gearlever! Its a hard life isnt it.:D i have to drink a hot tea on the way to work.

1 hour ago, stanski said:

Thanks mate. Yes I recon I can get around 300+ on a tank which is great for my usual trips up and down the country. It even handles really well on the twisty bits. 

Satnav mines a sync 3 maybe I need to read the manual (typical bloke) :lol:

Wow you did some proper trips abroad I need to broaden my horizons. Will try and arrange something soon. 

I did 400 miles in 1 day and felt fine when I got out. Perfect.

Good luck with yours.

It is really comfortable, went on a driving holiday around the west coast USA last year. drove from Reno to Seattle in one day 820 miles. No complaints from the seats at all. I also love how the heated seats can go super warm, drove along one of the highest roads in california around 9000 feet up, awesome to have the windows down and hear the engine in the mountains but still have a nice warm arse xD.

• Haha 1

Cooling seats are pretty good as well B)

As far as twisties go, twice over the Alps, up and down the Gorge du Verdun, more than capable :thumbs:   Really easy car to live with long term, servicing is cheap, mods, generally, are cheap (VAT and duty from US not so cheap :surrender:). 

Stan and Marzman made a good choice :thumbs: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The G Man said:

Cooling seats are pretty good as well B)

As far as twisties go, twice over the Alps, up and down the Gorge du Verdun, more than capable :thumbs:   Really easy car to live with long term, servicing is cheap, mods, generally, are cheap (VAT and duty from US not so cheap :surrender:). 

Stan and Marzman made a good choice :thumbs: 

Thanks mate. 

My only annoyance is the spare wheel situation for the brembos. I am not paying stupid money for a spare wheel from the States or Aus?

I was thinking the 370/G37 spare would be a good fit but I dont think its deep enough for the brembos and the centre hub and bolts need drilling out to match the Mustang Fat lugs and hub centre.:surrender: