New DE owner from Leicestershire

Hey guys, I've had my 350Z a few weeks now and loving it. I'm the second owner and I got it on 86k (no idea if the previous owner was on here). It's an upgrade from my Fiesta ST 2.0 which I loved to bits. 

I've already put my touch on it, I've dropped in a K&N panel filter, fitted bonnet struts and put 4 uniroyal RS3 as it had premium ditch finders coz I'd never heard of the brand.

I've got the boot issue, I've ordered some 1/2 rubber washers for the spring. I'm looking into bracing and bushes before I mod for power. 

Is there any members or meet around Leicestershire?

Here's a pic from the other night with my mates micra 1.3 swapped mini (Nissan friends hahaha)

20190605_210212.jpg

Edited by Face_Eator

:welcome: 

Nice looking Zed. I'm in Leicester some weekends and would be up for meeting :thumbs:

It looks like a pre facelift de from the picture, you could do the velocity stack mod and that should give you a bit more power for not a lot of money!

On 07/06/2019 at 16:55, AntelopeSam said:

Hi Chap. Car looks nice!

I'm in the Loughborough/coalville area, there's a few of us about.

Friend of mine had a 1.3 Micra... Interesting choice if he was after power! We struggled to hit 70.

I think he wanted it for reliability more than power as the A series ain't the best motor. He can do a 100 in it, on private roads of course ;)

Hello.

You could get the TDI North stage 1 tune. Their partner company, Abbey Motorsports, are nearest you.

It took my Z from 266 to 298bhp and really improved the driving experience. 

It was a cat back exhaust, HKS panel filter, plenum spacer and an Uprev remap. If you added decats, you might exceed 300bhp.

On 07/06/2019 at 16:00, Face_Eator said:

I've got the boot issue, I've ordered some 1/2 rubber washers for the spring. I'm looking into bracing and bushes before I mod for power. 

Pre-warning.. i made a mistake when i was doing this repair.. don't use any more than 2 of those tap washers on each pop spring.. i did it with 2 and it was still catching every now and again.. i put a 3rd on 1 side to try it and then the missus being rather heavy handed slammed the lid down 1 day and the little metal bar that slides back in the middle of the spring bottomed out on the lid so i now have a tiny little bulge dent on 1 side of the tailgate where the little bar bottomed out, really winds me up... 2 spacers max, or 3 but be very careful not to slam the lid...

• Like 1

On 17/06/2019 at 09:28, Demoz said:

Pre-warning.. i made a mistake when i was doing this repair.. don't use any more than 2 of those tap washers on each pop spring.. i did it with 2 and it was still catching every now and again.. i put a 3rd on 1 side to try it and then the missus being rather heavy handed slammed the lid down 1 day and the little metal bar that slides back in the middle of the spring bottomed out on the lid so i now have a tiny little bulge dent on 1 side of the tailgate where the little bar bottomed out, really winds me up... 2 spacers max, or 3 but be very careful not to slam the lid...

I might just go to Nissan and get new springs and dampers. I've got 2 in but it still dont work.

You can get new dampers from ebay etc much cheaper than nissan, go for the ones that are rated for a tailgate spoiler. They are stronger, it helps. If its still not strong enough then new springs.. Have you removed the boot lid weight? There is a really pointless weight bolted into the boot lid also, does nothing, if anyone knows why it's there please enlighten me! 

Anyhoo, remove weight, fit spoiler dampers, if still no success try springs but I didn't need to go as far as changing the springs on mine. 

On 28/06/2019 at 22:14, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate remove the plastic where your boot light is situated and loosen bolts that secure the boot latch and lower by a couple mm:teeth:

Can't Believe i didn't try that!!  i am totally doing that this weekend.. mind=Blown! :clap:

Edited by Demoz

1 minute ago, Demoz said:

Can't Believe i didn't try that!!  i am totally doing that this weekend.. mind=Blown! :clap:

Worded the procedure best I can hope you can make some sense from it, I think there is a link for it on this forum under guides for 350z