370z Nismo Review by Doug De Muro Youtube

hmale4yu

10 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvuqvqJuc6w

Nothing new to report in terms of what we know already but nice to see the Z getting some coverage as DM normally covers exotics and supercars 

Hi mate the link is no good:dry:

• Like 1

copy and paste into your browser and it works but to be honest the guy is an idiot. Gives the car below average scores on everything. As an owner I am biased of course but the car is much better than he projects it to be.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Payco said:

copy and paste into your browser and it works but to be honest the guy is an idiot. Gives the car below average scores on everything. As an owner I am biased of course but the car is much better than he projects it to be.

Hence the view numbers. Mostly from young americans who still rate the car. 

8 minutes ago, Payco said:

We shall give it a miss then, hope the weather is kind tomorrow for you

5 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

We shall give it a miss then, hope the weather is kind tomorrow for you

Think it might pour it down tonight. So might just dry the car clean with a towel in the morning

re the video I think the take home sentiment I might have to agree with is that the successor to the 370z wont be a while yet (even on top of what we have waited). We've countless been over this before but 2020 will be a scaling down of the 370z (fewer colours, no convertible in US etc). The GTR replacement will take precedent. Replacing both with hybrid powertrains won't be economically feasible. I think the GTR replacement will be addressed first and then the Z. So really I actually do agree we are just entering a blackout period for a 2/3 years regrettably . 

38 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The Nismo mark 1 will probably go up first as theyre limited

Not sure on numbers but Mk1 seem a lot more limited and by a mile the best looking!! 

I do think that the right n/a manual cars in general will hold their value better as electric and restricted vehicles will become more the norm in only a few years.........scary and very sad! 

Just a thought but will Nissan even bother replacing the 370z or just end it altogether? 

Good thing Im not in charge. Id can the GTR for a good 10 years until its viable to come up with an affordable hybrid V6. Ive seen what a difference it makes in my current car and with the NSX. A new GTR now would probably cost £100,000+

When you combine hybrid electric motors with a V6 Turbo you can get close to diesel torque figures.

In those 10 years a lot could change such as diesel and petrol restrictions but id make the new Z the main supercar for the brand. Id just dump the q60 engine in since infiniti are going electric. Although its not the most efficient engine it can produce 400-500 hp easily and up to 600bhp with some work. Id go all wheel drive and reduce the dimensions of the current 370z. Something between the 350 base and 370 Nismo in terms of width. Rear wheel biased AWD Price it at £46-£50,000. The design doesnt need to change much

Cheaper than a 15 GTR, Cayman and an Alpine.

The only thing that would make it possible is demand in the American market. 

Why was the Datsun 240Z bought to US to offer an alternative to market. As one senior citizen said yesterday what they said about Datsun in 70s Britain "If they think theyll make any headway here they got another thing coming"

Some say there will be but nothing has been announced and there isnt anything official. Apart from anniversary editions with stickers and infiniti going electric.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

43 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Good thing Im not in charge. Id can the GTR for a good 10 years until its viable to come up with an affordable hybrid V6. Ive seen what a difference it makes in my current car and with the NSX.

In those 10 years a lot could change such as diesel and petrol restrictions but id make the new Z the main supercar for the brand. Id just dump the q60 engine in since infiniti are going electric. Although its not the most efficient engine it can produce 400-500 hp easily and up to 600bhp with some work. Id go all wheel drive and reduce the dimensions of the current 370z. Something between the 350 base and 370 Nismo in terms of width. Rear wheel biased AWD Price it at £46-£50,000.

GTR is a brand in itself and has given Nissan a ton of exposure so I'm not sure waving goodbye to that would be a great idea. Especially if the plan is then to build another 4 wheel drive, high hp car to replace it.

I know hybrids are the way to go and that the results of combining electric with petrol engines gives incredible results however massive torque isn't really great for being a great drivers car so the whole lot needs to be mapped correctly to give a steroided up n/a feel and therefore you're not needing to go all wheel drive purely to contain the torque on offer and you can keep it a purer drivers car again by remaining rear wheel drive and a honest modern day Z replacement that drives great and has a proper sound track still. 

Been reading about the new Gordon Murray's T.50 and that ticks all the boxes for a true great drivers car without being drawn into a HP/Torque war and headline grabbing numbers........only wish I had £2.4m to put my order in!!

• Like 1

We can only hope Mazda can change petrol engine perception with their whizzy new engine. Develop that more then others follow suit, otherwise all our cars will go the way of the Dinosaur. 

Electric is the future it wont happen as quickly as they want so hydrid will be the stop gap.

The problem again is cost, its all very well having fantastic long range electric cars but if they are Bentley prices who can afford them?

If Nissan have got any soul left they will keep the zed going (whatever form that takes) the GT-R will still be around, you dont invent a super fast rocket then ditch it years later?

Remember what the 240z was, a cheap fun sports car that was reliable and under cut the jags /Triumphs etc of its day.

Long live the Zed.

Nismo MK1s are v rare esp the early ones with the silver rims

The Nismo Mk2 has actually been updated from 2018 (my year) with darker door handles, rear lights and interior release for hatch. The styling differences are noticeable when a pre-18 Mk2 and more recent Mk2s are sat side by side 

Back on topic and I'm just watching this guy's response review video to Doug's original video. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Black does look good although I think its more suited to the GT car and convertible 

Someone mentioned above re the 370z replacement . I've heard people suggest the q60 engine being a viable powerplant but the latest I've read is that in order for that too work the 370z replacement would have to get bigger as the engine is too big too fit it currently. 

Its hard to imagine the car growing in size though I do like the idea of the q60 engine plus AWD in a larger Z car. Just have a feeling Nissan might not want to risk making it any larger. Anyone seen how big the new Supra is yet in the flesh. For a comparison heres the Nismo aside the outgoing 911. Its actually a bit bigger/longer (the Nismo that is... lol)

P1040071.JPG