BMW demand full payment from Youtuber

57 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Plus it's passive income, doubt it's cash in hand payment. Bank transfers wouldn't be too hard to audit from a taxable pov.

Dead easy to audit, but people are seldom audited. 

You can get quite a bit from youtube. The brother in law sticks the occasional video up and he did one which was picked up by mainstream media and therefore suddenly he got lots of hits. He earnt enough to restore a project car he was working on.

Really I should have video`d the work I did on my project car / bikes and produced some "how to" guides for youtube. doh!

5 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

You can get quite a bit from youtube. The brother in law sticks the occasional video up and he did one which was picked up by mainstream media and therefore suddenly he got lots of hits. He earnt enough to restore a project car he was working on.

Really I should have video`d the work I did on my project car / bikes and produced some "how to" guides for youtube. doh!

I’m planning on vlogging my z rebuild once the garage is done

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coldel said:

There is a follow up video now live, he says in it he got a grand for the video (although how much he declares then to the tax man...)

Surprised he even got that much, YouTube views don't pay as much as people think when you consider how few people watch the Ads and then YouTubes cut.

Theres a youtuber named Tanner Fox grew from 2.5 to 8.7 million subscribers in space of 3 years. GTR Libert Walk at 18 not bad. He making up to £800k per month with all the branding and sponsorship etc. At one time £3000+ per video based on 2-3 million views. Got really big after being shouted out on another youtube channel. They all got their own branding.

His video "i nearly died" catapulted him to real fame status as he went really viral.

Saw LLF latest video lol. I can see where he's coming from with the haters who wanted him to fail. But as I said everyone makes mistakes and its good he was able to educate others. Glad a lot of people will wake up now and be wise to reading their Ts and Cs more carefully

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

To be honest most grown ups when dealing with the purchase of a £70k car do read the Ts and Cs. The problem is LLF maturity is clearly lower than his actual age and saw £ signs on You Tube before he saw the Ts and Cs on the legal document he signed. I have read the arguments on here and my conclusion is:

• He is doing well on YT and fair play to him
  • He seems an ok guy generally
  • He is typical of blame mentality that is growing of a generation he is from and lack of accountability 
  • He is immature for his age and unable to put his hand up and accept blame
  • He is clever in positioning his video as an 'education piece' when in fact it was a rant looking for sympathy
  • He is either clever or utterly dumb if he thinks the majority of his readership need educating on reading Ts and Cs of big financial agreements

On 10/06/2019 at 20:58, davey_83 said:

Think it's fair to say non of us know for sure, only our residential youtuber @vroom811 would know what's what 

The revenue is much less than you'd think from  the ads.  It's done via an auction system (like Adsense) - advertisers bid for their adverts to be shown based on a number of criteria, mainly keywords and who the youtuber is.  Pewdiepie for instance  can command a much higher rate for his ads because his audience is massive.   If you're small you get very little. 

Rickie has done remarkably well and gained a large audience in a small amount of time.    Socialblade claims his income is between $5k and £85k a year.  (https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC0S5w-TQJywcsni8ZMzgqkg)   It's probably around the £30k to £40k.   I think he's doing Youtube full time so it must be enough to live on.

I'm not saying the BMW are not repossessing his M4 but he is an influencer so that makes things different - they may decide to come to an arrangement with him.   Also content like this is gold for a Youtuber -  this video alone has done a massive 640K views already, with his follow up one doing nearly 300k view - nearly 1 million views which would get him roughly £2000 in ad revenue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one pal for clearing that up, of course very interesting and all exposure is good exposure and he's used the negative news combined with the negative feedback and come up with a positive. Reminds me when Thor first meet Iron man and used his hammer to direct a lightning bolt at him, it ended up charging up his suit to 300% :thumbs:

Any updates on your channel Neil?  

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1