Master Key not working

Minid

Hi all, advice before I go to my nearest nissan dealer. Master key not activating central locking. Changed battery nothing. However spare works fine. Previous owner changed battery, not sure if that maybe the problem, but surely that would affect the 2nd key as well. Any help please. Previous owner stated they would pay for any new key if needed. 

Did the master key you have worked before or you have been sold with a faulty key? Few things to check before needing a new key (£150-£250 each).

1.) Try pairing it again using this procedure (i think you'll need to reprogram both else the spare key might not work anymore)-->

2.) If the above failed, you probably have a faulty key. Get a 2nd hand key from Ebay or car breaker, transfer the key blade and immobiliser block. Then you'll need to reprogram it again using method above.

3.) If both the above failed, time to get a new key from Nissan stealership or car locksmiths.

3 hours ago, Minid said:

Get to step 7 and warning lights don't flash for successful programming. Now spare does not work, tried doing spare again and gets to step 7 and no joy, great! 

I would go to a car locksmith definitely not main stealer, Timpsons should be able to sort a new key if it is needed 

11 hours ago, Minid said:

Get to step 7 and warning lights don't flash for successful programming. Now spare does not work, tried doing spare again and gets to step 7 and no joy, great! 

Try a few times and eventually you'll get there. They are a pain most of the time to get it correct.

Try again - I used the reprogramming diagram further down the thread --> I didn't check if they are the same but works for me in a UK car. Is your JDM or UK?

For master key - Check if any battery leakage and bad contact. That might solve it.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...