TPMS is on.

Mike k-g

Today iv'e notice my tyre pressure warning light

is on..pulled into garage had tyres check alls good but the light remains on..

any ideas guys what to try ? Nismo m2 stock wheels.

Thanks Mike K-g

Edited by Mike k-g

If you’re confident re pressures, just reset them and monitor any ongoing issues.  All sorts can affect them, heat, cold and of course, low pressure.  If the car has recently had new tyres, it could well be a broken/‘dodgy’ sensor.

16 hours ago, Payco said:

Mine is on constantly now as when I fitted my new Work Emotions and tyres I didn't swap out the sensors.:rant:. I have decided to live with it.

Can you not reset it to turn it off?

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Can you not reset it to turn it off?

Maybe, haven’t investigated it yet as been busy going to shows and modding. Will let you know when I have had a chance to look Dan.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Have a look at this, particularly to the ‘if it flashes then goes solid’ part.  There are a couple of vids on how to reset them, but it would seem that like Ford, a tpms reset ‘tool’ might be required (Ford does have the option of driver resetting).  If they’re not faulty (re the flashing/solid warning), my guess is that Nissan would reset for free, if still under warranty, replace free.

Bingo..

Step 1: Set the tires to the correct pressures,

Step 2: Locate the TPMS interface plug. This is a white female plug that is attached to the OBD II wire loom under the dash right about where your left knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat. You may have to cut the tape that is holding the TPMS interface plug to the OBD II wire loom.

Step 3: Attach a paper clip or wire into the interface plug.

Step 4: Put your key in the ignition and turn it to the last click before the engine starts. This is the KOEO position (Key On, Engine Off).

Step 5: Tap the end of the paper clip (the end NOT in the interface plug, duh!) on any exposed ground (metal) 5 times.

Step 6: If you completed step 5 then the TPMS warning light will start to slowly flash and you have activated the TPMS relearn process. If it flashes fast or solid that's not right. If yours isn't flashing slowly then check your connections, turn the ignition off and start over at step 4.

Note: if you're having trouble getting it into the relearn mode, try grounding the connector, turn the car on, then turn the car off while still grounding it. Then repeat the above steps.

Step 7: Once you confirm the lights do not stop flashing, step on the clutch/brake and start the car. Do not turn the car to OFF position. Start driving >25mph until the light goes out. It could take as long as ten minutes.

Step 8: The light will quickly come back on due to the low tire pressures. Refill your tires to the correct pressure.

Edited by Payco

Great news today for me...had 2 new tyres fitted  just over a week and trusted

the tyre fitter to do it right...next day my TPMS light came on bit gutted...check the pressures

he'd put into tyres only 30psi ....after checking internet for correct tyre pressure for my car to find

it was 40-45 psi  paid garage another visit to tell him its to low...so he put tyres to 42 psi and bingo the light

whent out  as i drove out of garage..happy days.

Thanks Guys Mike-kg