Finally Got My 370Z! So Many Questions!!

On 21/06/2019 at 22:22, JakeH said:

Got some 20mm spacers on the way mate

You'll love the subtle but big difference they make. Really gives it a more squat, purposeful stance.

Have you gone for 20 all round?

Edited by TT350

Just now, TT350 said:

You'll love the subtle but big difference they make.

Have you gone for 20 all round?

Yes mate 20 all round, was debating 25 all round but found some 20mm spacers at a great price 

Just now, JakeH said:

Yes mate 20 all round, was debating 25 all round but found some 20mm spacers at a great price 

Some people go staggered.

I had 15mm front and 20mm rear. 

If I could have only one and no other mods on aesthetics, spacers are what I'd choose. 

The Z is already low enough.

I'd actually soften the dampers and get stiffer anti roll bars. I have some great B roads near me and, my Z was far too stiff to give full commitment. Banging and bouncing. 

Then again, B roads are more revvy hot hatch territory. 

What other plans do you have?

Just now, TT350 said:

Some people go staggered.

I had 15mm front and 20mm rear. 

If I could have only one and no other mods on aesthetics, spacers are what I'd choose. 

The Z is already low enough.

I'd actually soften the dampers and get stiffer anti roll bars. I have some great B roads near me and, my Z was far too stiff to give full commitment. Banging and bouncing. 

Then again, B roads are more revvy hot hatch territory. 

What other plans do you have?

Yeah that’s a fair point, if the spacers mean the wheels fill the arches better then I’ll probably leave the suspension as is because I use B roads a lot too. 

In terms of other mods I’m thinking of the usual mods such as breathing mods, I’ve swapped out the panel filters for K&N filters, the car came with a custom back box and tips from the last owner however I’m purchasing some downpipes and will consider getting some short tails. 

Need to do some research into where to get the car mapped round me in the midlands and what map to get. 

Apart from that im open to recommendations on what’s best to do to improve performance and aesthetics?

3 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate Horsham developments, or Abbey for remapping :teeth:

Cheers mate! Just give them a ring and book in?? Would you definitely say it’s worth doing?

1 minute ago, JakeH said:

Cheers mate! Just give them a ring and book in?? Would you definitely say it’s worth doing?

1 minute ago, JakeH said:

Hi mate is you zed pre face lift

2 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Sorry haven't been reading this thread can't advise on a 370 your best bet is to phone Horsham developments they will be the best people to advise you on this sorry bud

No worries pal, appreciate your help anyway 

4 minutes ago, JakeH said:

Yeah that’s a fair point, if the spacers mean the wheels fill the arches better then I’ll probably leave the suspension as is because I use B roads a lot too. 

In terms of other mods I’m thinking of the usual mods such as breathing mods, I’ve swapped out the panel filters for K&N filters, the car came with a custom back box and tips from the last owner however I’m purchasing some downpipes and will consider getting some short tails. 

Need to do some research into where to get the car mapped round me in the midlands and what map to get. 

Apart from that im open to recommendations on what’s best to do to improve performance and aesthetics?

The best induction mod is a high flow panel filter in the standard air box I'm told. Although a cone filter will sound better. 

Exhaust, spoiled for choice there. Can take out the cats and have sections made to bolt on in their place. Americans like to do "muffler delete" which is basically just the back boxes eliminated and just having pretty much a straight pipe from manifold back. Either de-cat with muffler delete, or cats in and muffler delete. 

A set of stainless manifolds will be good, too.

I'm not sure if going from 2 1/4 pipe to 3" will help or hinder.

Personally, I don't know mind the exhaust being louder on the motorway. It's a small trade for the sound it makes round town with the windows down on a sunny day.

If you get all your breathing mods, make sure you get it tuned on the dyno after. 

1 minute ago, TT350 said:

The best induction mod is a high flow panel filter in the standard air box I'm told. Although a cone filter will sound better. 

Exhaust, spoiled for choice there. Can take out the cats and have sections made to bolt on in their place. Americans like to do "muffler delete" which is basically just the back boxes eliminated and just having pretty much a straight pipe from manifold back. Either de-cat with muffler delete, or cats in and muffler delete. 

A set of stainless manifolds will be good, too.

I'm not sure if going from 2 1/4 pipe to 3" will help or hinder.

Personally, I don't know mind the exhaust being louder on the motorway. It's a small trade for the sound it makes round town with the windows down on a sunny day.

If you get all your breathing mods, make sure you get it tuned on the dyno after. 

Exactly what I had in mind, I’ve put high flow filters in the standard box.

After removing the cat I’ll look into getting some short tails and having essentially a straight through exhaust and then will look into a new manifold. I can put up with the sound on motorways because I’m sure I’ll love the sound through the lanes. 

Just a case of looking for decent deals on parts people sell on here

9 minutes ago, Payco said:

Personally I would remove the wrap and have her paint corrected and polished unless shes nasty underneath. I am not a fan of wraps.:stir:

I am considering removing the wrap as the last owner didn’t do the best job installing it 

25 minutes ago, JakeH said:

I am considering removing the wrap as the last owner didn’t do the best job installing it 

Have a peel on a small panel and see how she looks.You cant beat a nicely polished black z in my opinion. Have a look at the below for some inspiration. Welcome along.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Payco said:

Have a peel on a small panel and see how she looks.You cant beat a nicely polished black z in my opinion. Have a look at the below for some inspiration. Welcome along.

Yeah that does look really nice, I’ll have to consider it and when I do eventually get the wrap off I’ll post more pics 

• Like 1