High flow cats failing MOT

Akumanozetto

So my Z has just had the mot but despite having several attempts, it still failed the emission test :shrug: The HFC was new and only fitted for a few months. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on passing the mot? i am from the sussex area. Thanks :)

Untitled.jpg

48 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Did you get them really hot before arriving for the test? The hotter they are, the better they work / more efficient they are. Go for a spirited drive before you arrive for the test. 

hello, i gave it a 30 min spirited drive beforehand, maybe they did the test when it was cooled down. Anyway, i will give it another go later, luckily, i still have one month mot left. If it is not working, i would put my oem cats back. thanks for the tips :thumbs:

4 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Problem is the emission test it the last part of the MOT, ie they'll prob cool down by this time.

i think so, i have another chance within 10 working days and i think next time they will just do the emission test instead of doing all the checking again? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Does the new fail now supersede any previous pass?

my previous "pass" mot will last till the beginning of July. Even the car failed today's mot, i still have roughly a month to get it done. The reason i am having the mot in advance is becoz i am trying to sell my car :teeth:. Luckily apart from the emission problem, no advisory or other failure. 

• 4 weeks later...