Huawei US sanctions

davey_83

Just last week bought a new phone and was considering the P20, feel happy I didn't go for the Huawei now I think. Anyone have a Huawei, how have you found ownership and are you worried at all? 

I see this as a similar move as what the US did in the early 90's banning the Skyline GTR. Why improve you're product/tech (5G communications) when you can attempt to cripple the competition. 

41a5RHb8r0L._AC_SY400_.jpg.eabc146598498eff08975b261d2a230e.jpg

Edited by davey_83

Just got an Honor Play ( Huawei sub brand). £215 and really happy with it.  My lad has a Huawei mate and is also really happy with it. We might not get the latest android OS? good 'cos they tend to bugger up the updates anyway! could have got a Galaxy 10 or similar for north of £800 with similar performance....

• Like 1

I have a mate 20 pro and loved it. Great picture and video quality, device speed was good too. No complaints so far. These ban will probably make them stronger. They'll just end up making their own OS and components. Android and other suppliers will suffer long run.

38 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

They'll just end up making their own OS and components. Android and other suppliers will suffer long run.

From what I hear they are already on the way with their own OS, Making their own components may be more of a challenge as they will need to have them ratified and comply with global standards . . . then there is the Apps, competing with the likes of the google play store and apple App Store will be tough. Inside the great firewall of china not so much of an issue, but outside globally?

15 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

From what I hear they are already on the way with their own OS, Making their own components may be more of a challenge as they will need to have them ratified and comply with global standards . . . then there is the Apps, competing with the likes of the google play store and apple App Store will be tough. Inside the great firewall of china not so much of an issue, but outside globally?

I agree this is going to be tough, I'm sure Huawei will be head hunting very soon and somehow get around this in 1-2 years maybe. They are potentially loosing millions of pounds (if not billions) if the ban continues hence spending few millions now to compete against the current 2 big boys should be an easy decision.  It will be a shame to see them go if they can't survive this fight.

It's all overblown to be honest, Chinese tech is used in nearly everything nowadays, including the US military. They are one of the largest mobile phone manufacturers in the world, a little ban won't stop them. P20 pictures look superb.

Edited by Stock