Stuck between 2 sets of wheels.

mr v6

As I have money sat in my Paypal account gathering dust, I'm torn between the Rota GTR & Rota Grid alloys. I much prefer the cleaner look of the GTR, but like the more aggressive look of the Grids. I have the Touring alloys so would like to use my existing tyres on the new alloys, which are 265 on the rear, without any modifications..

Not sure on colour yet, but opinions welcome.

I'm now reading conflicting posts on various sites & forums on my original wheel size. I have the Touring type with 225 on the front & 265 on the rear. Some sources are saying they're 8" wide on each corner, others are 8" on the front & 9" on the rear, amongst other combinations.

What exactly are the alloy specs on the Touring wheels, including offset. Just so I know what I'm ordering when I get there next weekend.

ThanksB).

Thanks LRF4N, is there any benefit (or negative) to going 8.5" on the rear? More concave? I've read this may trip the TCS light? How would changing the width of the wheel do this when the rolling radius is the same?

You need to look at all the variables, and like you say keep the difference in rolling radius within the limit to avoid tripping the TCS. If you’re going aftermarket then may as well get something wider with stronger offsets to have less of an arch gap

Once you have chosen wheels post them up to confirm sizes/offsets and then the right tyre sizes to suit

Or message one of the traders who will advise and help with the order, hopefully at a better price 

16 hours ago, mr v6 said:

when you get into  it a lot of sites are telling me they won't fit my Z.

Depends how they're defining won't fit. My rear setup sticks out ~40mm further than the RAYS did, which by some standards probably doesn't "fit". But in the real world, a little arch roll, and it's all fine. Not lowered, btw. Really, it's the tyre width, offset of the wheel, and if there's enough space behind the spokes to not hit the brakes.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ can help with the width and offset things - then just play with the tyre profile until the overall diameter roughly matches the factory spec. Someone like @Tarmac@TarmacSportz can help RE brake clearance.

FWIW, other options I considered, that according to my spreadsheet of doom would fit: Bola B8R, Japan Racing JR6, JR23 and JR25, and a couple of other Rotas RT5 and D2EX.

If I was shopping again now, I'd also look at Linea Corse LC818 and Dyna.

19 hours ago, mr v6 said:

Open to other ideas if people have them. I've been looking, believe me, but when you get into  it a lot of sites are telling me they won't fit my Z.

I know the lads at Rarerims and they know their onions, theyve sold loads of sets for 350's in the past. 

Ask them what they recommend or use https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator, or go to www.rimtuck.com and see what others have done :)