Mishimoto Cooling Fan Shroud - Who has one?

EzeePzee

Hey folks,

With the usual 350Z cooling fan issues, mine now only run on full speed, which means failure is probably imminent. I want to sort them, and have been considering the Mishimoto fan shroud on 2 counts - a) the cost and b) fitting into my engine bay.

The latter is unique to my car - with the APS TT setup I have hard intercooler pipes and turbo pipes that get in the way meaning that removal of the OEM unit is virtually impossible without removing a lot more than I’m comfortable with. I’m not convinced it’d pull down from under the car either, so my cunning plan was to perhaps cut the existing shroud out whist in situ, and then slide the Mishimoto in its place. Theory is that the Mishi is much thinner and I’m hopeful would fit in the gap from above. 

Downside of this - the fans are noisy and single speed only. That said, I’ve seen a video online and from what I can tell they aren’t much noisier than the OEM fans when on full speed, which my car currently does anyway (having no low speed)

So, does anyone have any other feedback ref the Mishimoto fan shroud? Anything else I should take into account? My plan would be then to clean the OEM fans and sell them back on to recoup some of the expense. But I wouldn’t be able to convert back to OEM at a later date without buying another plastic shroud. 

Thoughts or suggestions? Are the mishi really that loud and not recommended?

cheers!

53 minutes ago, EzeePzee said:

You have! Just seen the post ;)

why are you selling them?

Tbh they came on the car I bought and I’d already bought a new set a few months before. 

Im a sucker for something shiny so just gonna got the new ones :lol:

I've just installed them, must admit I haven't noticed any difference in noise over the stock units, however I did change them during my supercharger build so have been enjoying all the new boosted noises rather than listening to the fans. In all my research I didn't hear any thing bad about them being too loud, so i think you'll be ok. 

• 4 months later...

Highly recommended from me.

Sometimes get a look from a pedestrian due to being fairly loud. But no louder than some OEM car fans tbh. It'll only be when sat at traffic lights for an extended time that you'll hear them cutting in or if you have AC on at low speeds. Enough noise inside the average Z cabin to drown them out above 20mph!!