Fan shroud

LukeA

42 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

If it’s for your HR you’ll be lucky as they only make them for the DE sorry. 

Ah damn, I was reading a post that said the 03-06 fits the hr too :( guessing their wrong 

Afraid not compared between the two the fixing points are different. @andy jameswas considering it when he looked at mine at Japfest. It might be possible if the fixing points were re welded in the correct location, but I couldn’t say for sure. 

Edited by SHEZZA

On 20/05/2019 at 19:30, Keyser said:

Have you got the fans?

Is it going on an after market Rad?

I don't think it would be hard to make one and you are not that far from me ;)

I was looking at buying them but checked here first so didn’t buy them in the end. 

No just standard HR rad. 

A lot lot of effort for not really much gain isn’t it? but I spose it would be good to do and could help other members do it

Edited by LukeA

2 hours ago, LukeA said:

I was looking at buying them but checked here first so didn’t buy them in the end. 

No just standard HR rad. 

A lot lot of effort for not really much gain isn’t it? but I suppose it would be good to do and could help other members do it

Probably be harder for a standard Rad - If you have an after market rad like the mishimoto they are basically dead flat so its only a flat ally tray with 2 big holes in it, that's it. Standard Rad is a bit more "curvy" and as you say be a lot of work really.

7 hours ago, Keyser said:

Probably be harder for a standard Rad - If you have an after market rad like the mishimoto they are basically dead flat so its only a flat ally tray with 2 big holes in it, that's it. Standard Rad is a bit more "curvy" and as you say be a lot of work really.

Yeah not really worth it I’ll just get the TYC fan shroud instead. Shame there’s not an “upgrade” fan shroud for the HR

For what it is worth, the OEM fan shroud for the DE and HR is far superior to any aftermarket shroud out there including Mishimoto.

Also, the stock OEM radiator is a better choice than the Mishimoto rad.

4 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

For what it is worth, the OEM fan shroud for the DE and HR is far superior to any aftermarket shroud out there including Mishimoto.

Also, the stock OEM radiator is a better choice than the Mishimoto rad.

Ah fair enough I didn’t know if there was any upgrades you could do

thanks for the help guys