INFINITI G35 (SKYLINE 350GT)

napp

21 hours ago, John Hannon said:

G37 convertible......regular reader of this forum 

looked at one last night on Ebay , very very nice .

looks like we are thin on the ground.

Yup has a G37S it was my zed compromise as I have a daughter, but by the time she was 6 she was getting too tall for the back, the rear window is very low.

Loved it to bits however lost a lot of money trading in as nobody would have it not even Infiniti themselves. Be careful if you are going to buy one as Infiniti is pulling out of Europe and Uk, plus parts are extortionate! 

IMGP5166_zpsbw28kij7.jpg

You’ve got me worried now re extortionate prices for spares!!

All the parts I’ve had to buy so far have been consumables, with the exception of an oil pressure switch and I’ve obtained everything form a Nissan dealership and prices have been very good.

The dealership also told me that they can do all the diagnostics on the car and all repairs if any are ever required.

I guess if I ever need anything like a new headlight it will cost me an arm and leg unless I can secure a “used unit” from Japan or Australia 

On 29/05/2019 at 13:48, John Hannon said:

You’ve got me worried now re extortionate prices for spares!!

All the parts I’ve had to buy so far have been consumables, with the exception of an oil pressure switch and I’ve obtained everything form a Nissan dealership and prices have been very good.

The dealership also told me that they can do all the diagnostics on the car and all repairs if any are ever required.

I guess if I ever need anything like a new headlight it will cost me an arm and leg unless I can secure a “used unit” from Japan or Australia 

Sorry John didnt mean to worry you. The g37s are built next to the 370s on the same production lines. Basically they are 370zs with seats in the back. So mechanically probably identical, just body parts.

I used to go to Infinity Manchester ,they were very good actually but not cheap.

The USB port fell into the console not long after I got it. The mechanic took the whole tunnel out for me (free of charge!) To get it out and left the rear console.loose so I could refit myself. Top guy.

The USB part was £250 + vat!!! I said erm no thanks. I checked my old one at home, turned out there was a dry joint on the pins, I resoldered and it worked fine, popped it back in and job done.

You should be able get parts easily enough , they are damn good cars with interior fit and finish superior to zeds.

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2019 at 09:02, stanski said:

Yup has a G37S it was my zed compromise as I have a daughter, but by the time she was 6 she was getting too tall for the back, the rear window is very low.

Loved it to bits however lost a lot of money trading in as nobody would have it not even Infiniti themselves. Be careful if you are going to buy one as Infiniti is pulling out of Europe and Uk, plus parts are extortionate! 

IMGP5166_zpsbw28kij7.jpg

Hey Stan,

I don't come on here often but I've just realised from the reg in this picture that I bought this car after you. I thought you might like to know that it's still going strong! :)

26 minutes ago, nodge69 said:

Hey Stan,

I don't come on here often but I've just realised from the reg in this picture that I bought this car after you. I thought you might like to know that it's still going strong! :)

Haha what a strange coincidence! :thumbs:Well I hope its ok for you?

I traded it in at Vw vans Liverpool for a T5. Didnt want to but family requirements.

I loved it and that colour paint was always my favourite.

Used to get lots of people stopping me asking what it was etc.

I waxed and treated it to the max!

Good luck with it hope it continues to serve you well.B)

Yes it's strange seeing my car pop up in a forum! I picked it up at an independent garage in Derby, part exchanged a 2010 350Z HR for it. I loved that car but a dodgy knee meant I wanted to go auto. Nearly went for a 370Z but ended up with the G. I get the same questions from people even now and I've still yet to see another G37/Q60 around here.

I was lucky that an Infiniti dealer opened just down the road from my house and the car has been faultless. Unfortunately now though it has sprung a leak (of the rain variety) so I've had to remove the carpet. I'm still trying to locate it. But I found a cute little sailing boat under the rear seat - I'm guessing your daughter is too old for that now! :)

5 hours ago, nodge69 said:

Yes it's strange seeing my car pop up in a forum! I picked it up at an independent garage in Derby, part exchanged a 2010 350Z HR for it. I loved that car but a dodgy knee meant I wanted to go auto. Nearly went for a 370Z but ended up with the G. I get the same questions from people even now and I've still yet to see another G37/Q60 around here.

I was lucky that an Infiniti dealer opened just down the road from my house and the car has been faultless. Unfortunately now though it has sprung a leak (of the rain variety) so I've had to remove the carpet. I'm still trying to locate it. But I found a cute little sailing boat under the rear seat - I'm guessing your daughter is too old for that now! :)

Haha thats funny! Well she is 9 now!

Btw if you find an old black ipod (retro I know) maybe under drivers seat its mine. When I part exd even though I cleared everything out I lost the damn thing, I can only think it fell out on the floor or the carpark ah well. 

Shame about the leak? Maybe a drain hole blocked in the boot area? 

Hope you get it sorted. Btw check the space saver wheel its the best one I have ever seen! 

If you are ever up north Manchester send me a pm be good to see the old machine. The rear led lights are my fave and the ambient purple lights. There is a post I did about it on here when I got it.

On 05/07/2019 at 21:06, stanski said:

Haha thats funny! Well she is 9 now!

Btw if you find an old black ipod (retro I know) maybe under drivers seat its mine. When I part exd even though I cleared everything out I lost the damn thing, I can only think it fell out on the floor or the carpark ah well. 

Shame about the leak? Maybe a drain hole blocked in the boot area? 

Hope you get it sorted. Btw check the space saver wheel its the best one I have ever seen! 

If you are ever up north Manchester send me a pm be good to see the old machine. The rear led lights are my fave and the ambient purple lights. There is a post I did about it on here when I got it.

I got pretty deep in to the car and didn't find any iPod I'm afraid. Here's some pics to give you an idea. I've done this sort of thing before but I couldn't believe how many sensors and connectors there are in a modern car! Plus those seats weigh a ton!

ef9f451e-ae45-4ef4-92ac-aa93e8a37670-ori

ac502da6-17b0-4911-b034-3b6f4917923b-ori

The leak is proving really difficult to find. For now I have put everything back except for the carpet so I can still drive it. It's coming in to the driver footwell somewhere though I know it is not the door window. From reading up online it looks like it is either a sunroof drain or the windscreen seal. I'll be pulling the dash apart soon when I get the chance, I just hope it's not too difficult to find and seal up. It's a real shame! Here's a pic of what I found in the footwell, at least there is a handy well for the water to collect in! :)

0ddbceea-18ea-40ec-8a8c-c56a4ecd27ad-ori

I've actually had to use the spare wheel after I got a nail in a tyre. And yes it's certainly a quality spare though a bit scary when it's on the back, had to be really light footed on that journey! If I'm ever up that way I'll definitely give you a shout.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nodge69 said:

I got pretty deep in to the car and didn't find any iPod I'm afraid. Here's some pics to give you an idea. I've done this sort of thing before but I couldn't believe how many sensors and connectors there are in a modern car! Plus those seats weigh a ton!

ef9f451e-ae45-4ef4-92ac-aa93e8a37670-ori

ac502da6-17b0-4911-b034-3b6f4917923b-ori

The leak is proving really difficult to find. For now I have put everything back except for the carpet so I can still drive it. It's coming in to the driver footwell somewhere though I know it is not the door window. From reading up online it looks like it is either a sunroof drain or the windscreen seal. I'll be pulling the dash apart soon when I get the chance, I just hope it's not too difficult to find and seal up. It's a real shame! Here's a pic of what I found in the footwell, at least there is a handy well for the water to collect in! :)

0ddbceea-18ea-40ec-8a8c-c56a4ecd27ad-ori

I've actually had to use the spare wheel after I got a nail in a tyre. And yes it's certainly a quality spare though a bit scary when it's on the back, had to be really light footed on that journey! If I'm ever up that way I'll definitely give you a shout.

Wow!! You have gone to town! 

Really hope you find the leak? 

In my old school classics, I used to put paper towels,loo roll in strategic places to see if I could track it?

Those seats are electric everything no wonder they weigh so much?

Is it worth drilling a small hole, seal it with paint until you find it then plug with a gromit ?