Selling my Zed. Thoughts on what its worth?

gstraw

Hey Zed Team! Not been on here for a while! Unfortunately i am selling my beloved Zed :( its been a really tough decision but im not doing enough miles and really need a practical car.  NOTE: if the images take ages to load, its because they are massive in size. if it looks weird on a phone let me know and i'll resize and try again :)

I wanted to ask what you think I could get for the car. I have seen similar stock ones for 13k....and this is far from stock lol. it actually drives sooooo much better now especially after sorting the suspension and balancing the car's weight to take weight off the nose.

anyways I have added some pics and a wee description:

Immaculately presented, 2009 Nissan 370Z in a limited edition and very rare LeMans Blue. I have owned this car for the past 5 years and have gone above and beyond on its maintenance.

12 months MOT (not a single advisory ever since I have owned the car)

Full service history and the car has been tastefully modified to turn the car from a GT into a sports car.

Handling:

• Full adjustable Meister R Suspension, including corner weighting by a Race Setup Engineer, which gets the weight distribution 53% front and 47% back 
  • Eiback adjustable anti roll bars and adjustable toe arms 
  • Michelin Supper Sports all around with plenty of tread
  • Uprated front pads to Ferrodo DS2500
  • Judd Extreme Concave Wheels in Gunmetal Finish 
  • Eibach Spacers 

Power

• Ark GRiP stainless steel cat back exhaust

Aesthetics

• Amuse Rear Bumper and Side Skirts
  • Custom made 3 piece Carbon Fibre Front Lip with Carbon Fibre Fang Cover. One of a kind design
  • Carbon Signal duckbill spoiler 

Other

• TWM Performance Short Shifter
  • Reverse camera installed, plus feature to watch another video input (phone or DVD player)
  • GTR start button 

465A3257.jpg

465A3264.jpg

465A3269.jpg

465A3271.jpg

465A3277.jpg

465A3279.jpg

465A3285.jpg

465A3286.jpg

465A3310.jpg

465A3334.jpg

465A3349.jpg

465A3359.jpg

465A3361.jpg

465A3369.jpg

465A3235.jpg

465A3238.jpg

465A3244.jpg

Considering the car is at 58k miles I'd estimate a price of 15-16k.

Unfortunately i just don't think many people think that modifications actually add any significant value to the resale value of a car. They'll ultimately compare it to a slightly newer car on 30k ish miles for slightly less money.

But, if you can find the right buyer who appreciates the money spent on the vehicle then i think you'll sell it no problem :thumbs: I'd be very surprised if there is another 370 for sale at the moment where the owner has forked out to have the car corner balanced! so that's a huge plus in my books.

Edited by Silverthorn

Great looking z and very tastefully done. Credit to you. 16-17k in my book but it’s only worth what folk are prepared to pay. Don’t rush to sell it.

• Like 1

thanks all for the feedback :) 

It really is a great car and the next owner will be sooo happy. I will get more if i demod the car, but its taken me so long to get it perfect, that it feels right to sell it as it is, to another person. I am not in a rush to sell it, as i dont even know what im going to replace it with tbh.

I think i will put it down for £16,750. That seems like a very good price, looking at carwow, cargurus, autotrader and PH.

Im hoping maybe a 350z owner will want to upgrade to this 370 perhaps! the corner weighting meant i was able to keep up on B roads with a GT3....and in many cases, totally pull away on the corners. 

• 3 months later...

Hey!

the car is for sale and ive dropped the price to £15,800, so below the 16-17 recommendation i was getting.

I think any less, and its not worth me selling. I can keep her as a second car as she is immaculate....never even had one advisory in its MOTs