Calling Vortech V2 owners

wizard

Currently running a V3 and looking to move to a V2.

Can you post up pics of how you run your oil feed and return lines from the engine?

Don't mind drilling the sump but have read that you have to drill into the block too.

If you can provide pics of how you have done it and any thoughts, that would be great.

18 hours ago, evilscorp said:

Are you going for a bigger blower? 

I still don't think people have pushed the V3 SCi trim to what its able to do.....

Yeah thats right going bigger. I been overspinning mine above & beyond, 1.1 bar. 530bhp+. SCI (si impeller)

Edited by wizard

On 15/05/2019 at 19:09, scobie140 said:

I've got a replica aps sump http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/sump/sump.htm same as this without the aps logo. It has two ports for feed & return. I run a V3 so I have one blanked and my oil temp sensor fitted into the other one. 

I've got the same sump but i'm not sure if you can take the feed line from there for a V2.

I'm running my feed from a T piece at the oil pressure sensor. My return I've got going back to a tap in point on my aam competition pan spacer. Really didn't want to drill the block. I've had no issues with this set up, although I've only been charged less than a month :lol: I don't think I got any photos, but will double check once I'm at my desk 

7 hours ago, Ozzy225 said:

I'm running my feed from a T piece at the oil pressure sensor. My return I've got going back to a tap in point on my aam competition pan spacer. Really didn't want to drill the block. I've had no issues with this set up, although I've only been charged less than a month :lol: I don't think I got any photos, but will double check once I'm at my desk 

If I remember well I used the same setup on my old 350z SC V2-T Trim with JWT oil pan. 

8 hours ago, Ozzy225 said:

A pic would be great and or the t-piece you used.

No photos i'm afraid, not due home for another 2 weeks either other wise i would have gone out and taken some. 

This is the only pic I could find online showing something similar to what i used, I'm pretty sure the one I have is the one provided from Vortech with the kit. but my set up is second hand so could be wrong.

supercharger_350z_7_zpsoai1lw6f.jpg

I had the same setup

OilCooler212.jpg

Had to adapt when I fitted an oil cooler

OilCooler21.jpg

I don't have a pic of the APS sump but that had a top return which I used for the V2, the reason they say to drill the upper sump is because it's a gravity return and it won't work if the return is below the oil level, if you have an after-market sump and can get the return above the oil line you will be fine - or I'm talking bollox - which is a possibility to be fair :lol: 

Edited by Keyser

On 23/05/2019 at 15:53, Keyser said:

I had the same setup

OilCooler212.jpg

Had to adapt when I fitted an oil cooler

OilCooler21.jpg

I don't have a pic of the APS sump but that had a top return which I used for the V2, the reason they say to drill the upper sump is because it's a gravity return and it won't work if the return is below the oil level, if you have an after-market sump and can get the return above the oil line you will be fine - or I'm talking bollox - which is a possibility to be fair :lol: 

Yeah I've got an oil cooler which has its lines running on the oil filter sandwich plate. Also the APS sump you mention for the return line, it's already plumbed in which should be easier.

What kind of modifications did you do to get the oil pressure sender, the hoses may get in the way. Otherwise people are saying get a triple sandwich plate for the feed line? It's better to take it from the oil pressure sender?

On 25/05/2019 at 17:39, wizard said:

What kind of modifications did you do to get the oil pressure sender, the hoses may get in the way. Otherwise people are saying get a triple sandwich plate for the feed line? It's better to take it from the oil pressure sender? 

Basically I added a T piece and an elbow from the second pic. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

No reason you can't take the feed from the sandwich plate that I know I think they just use the oil pressure sender as it is already there and in the main oil feed line from the pump so pressure should always be good.