Removing factory clutch pedal - help needed!

Kryptek49

I'm curretntly in the process of replacing my stock clutch pedal with the RJM performance one, but I'm really struggling to get the old pedal removed!

I've got all of the bolts undone, but can't remove the pedal as there is a metal bracket in the way which is blocking the pedal.

I've attached a photo of the metal bracket, normally it holds some kind of control unit in place which I have unplugged for now.

Ideally I need to remove the bracket, but it's bolted in from the top down so that's not possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

IMG_20190512_105952.jpg.be98edba4cc91ce217500dda8969343a.jpg

Well I eventually sorted it by removing the metal bracket via the nuts on top - not an easy task (at first) but made replacing the pedal 100x easier - I would recommend doing this for anyone replacing the pedal.

If you remove all the trim around the wheel - lower cowl, panel with the TCS controls on, gauge cluster & top plastic panel - a small opening is exposed through which you can put a 10mm socket + swivel joint + extension, then you can remove the bracket bolts from above.  Takes a bit of wiggling, but you should be able to get your hand on the bolts from the other side to give you a good idea of what you are going for.

I also spoke with Ryan from RJM Performance, who advised that you should be able to push the master cylinder through the firewall slightly, which then gives you enough clearance to pull the clutch pedal out - big thanks to him for some very helpful replies.  Before he had a chance to reply I'd already removed the bracket so didn't get a chance to try his method.

Finally all sorted, and the clutch feels great - when pulling off slowly at lights etc. you've got so much more control.  The pedal also feels so light now (adjustable if necessary) that the next time I need a new clutch a heavier one will definitely be a possibility, as the pedal would make daily driving it much more manageable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...