Obligatory exhaust purchase advice questions

I'd be replacing the rear box for that as that's the only silencer / muffler.  Between that and the steel mesh on one side of the Y pipe wearing I'm just thinking it would be better to replace the lot with something new that is going to last and is better suited to the reality of where I currently live, plus get rid of the drone.

I have an ARK grip with ART test pipes - 350z DE. It was my daily driver for a year or so and it was never too loud. I found the ARK to sound great but too quiet with stock cats, but perfect once I added the ARTs.

There is very little drone unless you're in a very specific rpm range (low speed, high gear, uphill). Its easy to cruise around for general driving not making a lot of noise and avoiding attention, but when you do put your foot down its great: both loud and not raspy. 

On 14/05/2019 at 22:16, nissanman312 said:

Why dont you just replace the silencers in your current exhaust 

Good call, if it's blown out and old, this might be enough to quieten it down a bit.

It's certainly the cheaper option, but if it's old and past its best I think I'm better off replacing the lot rather than spending on an interim measure then having to spend on a full new exhaust eventually anyway :)

4 hours ago, ASemper said:

I have an ARK grip with ART test pipes - 350z DE. It was my daily driver for a year or so and it was never too loud. I found the ARK to sound great but too quiet with stock cats, but perfect once I added the ARTs.

If your post had been a day earlier I may have had to revise my thinking as the Grip is a shiny piece of kit, but as it stands I've pulled the trigger on the Tanabe Medallion Touring and the AAM Y pipe :kicking: From what I can tell from research and having spoken to some people the Tanabe is a quality item with no drone and a deep, refined sound at an acceptable level of noise when driving under regular throttle even with the decats, and from the videos I've seen it sounds great at WOT, so it's hopefully the balance I'm looking for!!

Thanks all for your input and advice, I had it narrowed to the Tanabe and the Invidia at the end :)