Tyre Lettering

Payco

Nah. They can look good, but needs to be on the right car and tbh unless you like having the US spelling of tyre on the side of your car only the Toyo one looks vaguely decent. But then you need to be running Toyos :lol: 

They're a pain to fit, and they're more of a pain to remove, and they're an absolute bitch to keep clean. I wouldn't do it again.

• Like 1

As Dan says, on the right car, yes

My Chevy

1302778908_7Offside.jpg.b220a71771df2dc355a23e618dfb357b.jpg

and my old TransAm

TransAM.jpg.d0cd270d3c94e9734cc132ff3fe69789.jpgYou need a pretty high profile tyre to get them to look right IMO so not really suitable for a Zed or any modern sports car for that matter.

I used a white pen to colour in the brand name, it looks nice but discolours quick enough for me to not wanna try it again. 

I've heard printed letters are better but need gluing and often tear off. 

I've been there done it and would advise against it unless you really wanna get attention. 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, OnlyAfro said:

Did mine in January, quite fond of em and seem to be holding up alright considering it's been 6 months :dry:

image.png.738ca96a33ec5d57ba9771683d56e7d3.png

I don't know how long it took you, but my god how annoying was it to colour in the Hankook? The ventus s1 letters are so easy in comparison. I have the exact same tyres and couldn't be arsed doing it again when I changed the tyres over. 

2 hours ago, Umster said:

I don't know how long it took you, but my god how annoying was it to colour in the Hankook? The ventus s1 letters are so easy in comparison. I have the exact same tyres and couldn't be arsed doing it again when I changed the tyres over. 

More hours than I'd like to admit. If you'd asked me while doing it, I'd have said never again, but considering how well it's held up, I dunno any more.

Yeh, the Hankook was a right ballache cos it was just recessed instead of having the lip border. I got bored of trying to be neat, splodged it something like and scraped off the mess.

• Haha 1