Suzuki Jimny - Guilty pleasure

evilscorp

I am about to throw down a deposit for an SZ4 in white -£15,500 for a 4x4 that is so easy to maintain and should get 40mpg on my short commute. 

Trying to think of reasons not to buy it and go for something else which will be more comfy but I can't see past its looks small 1.5L engine and practicality.

4 usable seats (3 if you have any luggage at all) everything is sturdy and easily cleaned (in-case I jizz on the roof?) 

Its resale values should be good (can be sold at a profit new).

Cheap and will get me to work and skiing when the roads are bad.

Anyone have an opinion on them?

maxresdefault.jpg

This guy with steel wheels and blacking out the S badge and probably wrap the roof black.

Edited by evilscorp
  • Like 2

Well he did have to stick his name down on a waiting list for months.... (or threw money at the dealer and said hey look at my followers on youtube).

The car just seems like its built to last and plenty of tuning shops working on them so should be easy to modify,,,,, no, bad Gary! I need to leave my next car alone as modifying three cars is just plain silly and wasted money.

I have a fair few farm tracks near my house so plan to go for mini adventures in the car if/when I get it but need to see how thick the paint is as I expect branches and other things may hit the car on some trails I would like to go.

After speaking to the suzuki dealer/kinda friend, he says the whole range is going hybrid soon as dealers are getting raped for emissions, he doesn't expect the car to be on sale for long and as they haven't planned or designed an hybrid version of it yet. (Not a sales tactic as the cars are coming in in tiny numbers, he gets 3 every few months and they are all sold for some time.

Going off roading sounds cool. I worked with a guy who was on a discovery owners club. They used to have meets and runs where all the tracks were off road with different challenges. We used to compare their meets to ours (z and skyline meets from when I had my r33)