Wrap !

daz8235

Hi peeps thinking of a wrap for my 370, like the idea of the cadburdys type purple, but open to change. can any wraps throw up some pics please. Also rough price ? going for a quote next weekend so just to make sure i'm not ripped off.. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, daz8235 said:

**** dint think it was that much !

Can probably get a mate to do it with crepe paper for £50, but if you want a proper job... ;)

My old BMW 6er was just shy of £3K, but the quality was immaculate and the wrap was flawless despite living outside and having a particularly bluff front end. Some wraps I've seen have been peeling in 6 months, which I would never be happy with.

• Haha 1

My wrap was about 2.5k but absolutely immaculate black gold dust  3m wrap and can be safely/professionally  taken off within 5 years without damage to underlying paint. :)

popemobile small.jpg

Wrap 3.jpg

Wrap 1.jpg

• Like 1

In all seriousness as long as the wrap is removed carefully with a bit heat then I'm sure it would be fine, but I've seen 350Z paint come straight off after just removing a small piece of vinyl put on for a Le Mans trip (my own car) so I'd be very wary of ever removing it. Certainly I never intended the BMW one to ever come off.

32 minutes ago, Ekona said:

In all seriousness as long as the wrap is removed carefully with a bit heat then I'm sure it would be fine, but I've seen 350Z paint come straight off after just removing a small piece of vinyl put on for a Le Mans trip (my own car) so I'd be very wary of ever removing it. Certainly I never intended the BMW one to ever come off.

Ah ok noted thanks :D

• 1 month later...

Another question on wraps (cars booked in), until I can get my garage cleared out the car will be outside, as it is now, how do you look after a wrap ? Snowfoam, wax, polish ??? Any tips would help, thanks.

Snow foam and a regular wax is fine. Always use the TBM though as otherwise it’ll scratch horribly: Mine was immaculate for two years this way, then I had a buyer coming round last minute so gave it a very quick wash with a single bucket and there were score marks everywhere :( 

Never ever polish it. Ever. Don’t even put a compound bottle near it.