Failed emissions with HFC's

davey_83

19 hours ago, longsh07 said:

Depends on year according to Abbey. The newer cars had more ROM on the ECU. My GT4 (so 2005) has 5 maps selectable on the fly through cruise control.

I didn't broach the subject of an 'MOT mode' specifically with Mark but I did ask if the remap could effect emissions. He said 'we don't adjust any of the maps around the MOT area's' - I take that to mean engine speeds.

Interesting - so from what Mark at Abbey is saying, if you get a remap with them, don't expect any change in performance before 3000rpm.

I'm sure they COULD map that part - making it run leaner - might even improve performance. I think a lot of the mapping changes on a N/A car they do are actually leaning it out in many places.

19 hours ago, longsh07 said:

Depends on year according to Abbey. The newer cars had more ROM on the ECU. My GT4 (so 2005) has 5 maps selectable on the fly through cruise control.

I didn't broach the subject of an 'MOT mode' specifically with Mark but I did ask if the remap could effect emissions. He said 'we don't adjust any of the maps around the MOT area's' - I take that to mean engine speeds.

Interesting - so from what Mark at Abbey is saying, if you get a remap with them, don't expect any change in performance before 3000rpm.

I'm sure they COULD map that part - making it run leaner - might even improve performance. I think a lot of the mapping changes on a N/A car they do are actually leaning it out in many places.

Looked back at my Dyno graph from the day,  they start at 1500rpm and there is a difference between the plots pre and post mapping between 1500rpm and 3000rpm. It is pretty minor though so that could be down to the self learning element of the ECU. From 3K on, the difference is pretty apparent and as you say, the AFR is leaned out through the rest of the range.