370Z Service recommendations Southampton/Hampshire Please

snowy87

Hi, my 2012 370Z GT Edition is due a service and MOT at the end of this month. I live in Southampton and would be interested to hear where you take your Z's in this area. I don't really want to go main dealer though.

Cheers.

If you want a great garage - use Horsham Developments in Newbury.

If you're willing to travel a bit further, go to Abbey Motorsport.

I live in Basingstoke and use both - won't take my car anywhere else.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

+1 for Horsham. Took mine there a couple of months ago. Great service.

3 minutes ago, Umster said:

+1 for Horsham. Phil did my service and he's a top guy who'll tell you about any issues he foresees. Told me about my swaybars looking OK but starting to show signs etc. 

Thanks very much for that. Sounds like the place to go. How does it work? Do you leave the car with them and pick it up later or is there any where around to kill a few hours while you wait?

1 minute ago, snowy87 said:

Thanks very much for that. Sounds like the place to go. How does it work? Do you leave the car with them and pick it up later or is there any where around to kill a few hours while you wait?

You book it in, they'll give you a rough time slot. You can chill in their waiting room or you can taxi into town and chill out. P1 takes an hour to get through if that helps you gauge timing. 

Be warned if your car is lowered, its a rough and rugged road down the farm to get in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Umster said:

You book it in, they'll give you a rough time slot. You can chill in their waiting room or you can taxi into town and chill out. P1 takes an hour to get through if that helps you gauge timing. 

Be warned if your car is lowered, its a rough and rugged road down the farm to get in. 

Cheers Umster, that's very helpful. No, my car is basically standard apart from the exhaust and air intakes, so no problem with roughish roads. Thanks again.:thumbs:

On 15/04/2019 at 17:58, SeeNoWeevil said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 'B' revision the old, faulty one - 'D' being the latest and more reliable. Nissan quoted £670 fitted. The new motor sounds quite different when it activates, so either it's a newer revision or the old one was really gummed up.

On 01/05/2019 at 21:06, snowy87 said:

I made use of the warm waiting room and caught up on daytime telly and work emails! Spent some time wandering around the place too. There were a fair few cars around, especially next door (classic car dealer).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

I made use of the warm waiting room and caught up on daytime telly and work emails! Spent some time wandering around the place too. There were a fair few cars around, especially next door (classic car dealer).

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.:thumbs: