I never left but I am back....

19 minutes ago, stanski said:

Hey! Thanks for those! A Rover household then . Very nice. Which was your favourite?

Yep grew up with them.

This one is probably my favourite just lots of memories of my dad taking me out in it.

The red rover was in the papers for all the wrong reasons lol. Dad sold it and  soon after was involved in a 10 million pound robbery from a security van ( failed attempt as they set fire to the cash inside ) and the car broke down on them as they tried to get away lol.

Will try find an article on it. 

20190522_151429.jpg

Edited by Humpy
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Yep grew up with them.

This one is probably my favourite just lots of memories of my dad taking me out in it.

The red rover was in the papers for all the wrong reasons lol. Dad sold it and  soon after was involved in a 10 million pound robbery from a security van ( failed attempt as they set fire to the cash inside ) and the car broke down on them as they tried to get away lol.

20190522_151429.jpg

30 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Yep grew up with them.

20190522_151429.jpg

Haha typical British Leyland build quality eh!  I am both impressed and annoyed at the same time with the P5. Its amazingly well and over engineered but at the same time you have to oil something and everything leaks oil no matter how well you seal it.

Just impressed how years ahead they were.

Looking forward to the article.

10 minutes ago, Humpy said:

What price you after for the P5 out of interest?

Ideally £9k but it needs some fettling at the moment so I would let it go for £8200 as is. Its a solid car restored inside and out but just needs a couple of weekends to fine tune etc. You are welcome to pop over and take a look regardless if you want to buy or not. You cant beat that classic car leather/wood aroma can you.