How many vq35de's are there??

Andyw08

So, I bought a cheap z about 3 weeks ago to drift and it started knocking on the way home, I thought it would be easier to swap the engine, so bought another vq35de engine. Pulled my engine out and stripped ancilaries off both engines only to find that the one I bought didnt have the engine mount holes in the block! I thought all vq35de's would be the same, it came out of a Nissan morano......so how many vq35de's are there?? I thought there was 2, the early de engine and the rev up?? Any help would be appreciated, I'm set to loose 20% of the cost of the engine as a handling charge and about £50 to send it back when I return it 

20190426_213453.jpg

You might be able to swap the lower/upper oil pan over but I cannot remember where the engine mount bolt onto. Murano was 4WD and different transmition, horizontal engine and lower output engine (might be down to mapping but I would guess other things too). 

You will have to look at the engines do the timing covers look the same? Will you need to wap them over too? Is it worth the hassle?

Edited by evilscorp