Window auto up not closing correctly

Silverman

Hi guys. I have a 2003 import. The passenger side auto up works great and seals perfectly but the drivers side goes up to top but then comes down again about 2 inches before it stops. It’s really annoying. I have to stop it just before it seals to make it look closed but I get condensation because it’s not making a seal

Any idea how how I can repair this fault please? 

Thanks  

Don't have to post up again, mods can move it to correct section.

Firstly, check the door nipple. Faulty ones might cause the issue you are describing. While door is open and window fully up, press and release. Pressing it will move your window up by an inch or so, releasing should move your window down by an inch or so. If everything works normal, you'll need to reset. If not, you'll probably need to adjust the nipple (i had similar issue previously where the rubber around the nipple needs a little adjustment as it is not pressing correctly. Or you will need a new nipple (switch).

Not sure if this is same as UK cars, you can try to reset the window. However this involves removing the door car --> https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/361241-how-to-repair-stuck-broken-window-motor.html

Then press a little button to reset -->

Edited by veeg33

Thanks. That reset button could be the solution..... 

I looked at the video, my switches don’t say auto on like the guy describes. Maybe I don’t actually have auto up? I thought auto up and down was like one touch for all the way up and then same for down rather than keeping your finger on the switch. Maybe it’s not. Also as you describe pressing once will move the window up and down an inch or so. Mine doesn’t do this. If I press down it goes all the way down unless I pull it up again to stop. And the same but reversed for going up. 

I just checked, my passenger side that works fine, when it closes I can hear a click shortly after it’s closed position. On drivers side I don’t get this click, even after it’s stopped in the wrong place. It goes down again more like 3-4 inches not 2 as I first described. It makes no odds if the door is open or closed. The finish position for fully up is always the same leaving the window 3-4” open 

any thoughts? Would a new replacement switch solve do you think?

Thanks 

The video is a US left hand drive zed, but procedure should be the same. I would give the reset a go and see if that solve your issue. From what you described, it sound like your window is out of calibration which hopefully a reset will solve it.

IMO, I don't think the switch is the issue as you can still use the switch to open and close the window but I could be wrong.

Another thing to consider is your window motor but i think it is unlikely as you can still open/close your window, i can only close when i press the switch along with some muscle power (pulling the window up by hand). Mine dropped automatically (about half) when window is fully shut.

54 minutes ago, Silverman said:

Either I’m going mad or I don’t have a window regulator reset switch on my door. Any advice on what to try or where to look next? Thanks 

66C1E02E-F66A-4421-ACA6-DD56F064C1DD.jpeg

I can't edit pics on my pc now, but in the middle of the picture, there are 2 leather like sticker. Remove one of them, you'll see the reset button. I can't remember which one but it will be either one.

Here's a link for ebay parts --> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Window-Regulator-Motor-Front-Left-For-Nissan-350Z-Z33-Skyline-V35-2002-2009/183510741412?fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item2aba17b1a4:g:yPsAAOSw7D9cnxd9

You can see the black button on the metal (silver disc). However, when i get a new motor, I've been told to get the one with a reset button. My concern here is, you zed might have one without the button? But check behind the 2 stickers, also note that once you remove the sticker, you'll need to reapply some double sided tape or glue to stick it back. I can't be bothered hence left them out after removal.

Amazing  Fixed! :) 

Veeg33 you’re an absolute legend! Extremely helpful information, thank you so much. 

if a mod can move this to the correct section it may help someone else out with 350z with the same or similar problem...... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Silverman said:

Amazing  Fixed! :) 

Veeg33 you’re an absolute legend! Extremely helpful information, thank you so much. 

if a mod can move this to the correct section it may help someone else out with 350z with the same or similar problem...... 

Happy to help. I'm glad you have fixed the issue. It is always a nice feeling if you can fix it yourself without spending a penny :yahoo:!! Good result!!

Edited by veeg33