solid airbag light

Silverman

hi Guys

Sorry if I've posted up in the wrong section, I'm new here and I couldn't find anything more specific. My car is an import.

I recently bought the import 350z with the steering wheel and passenger airbags deployed after a light front end crash. I plan to use the car a a second car and some track day fun once fully repaired. I replaced both airbags and cleared the codes from a universal diagnostic machine my friend owns but the light didn't clear as I'd hoped. I've seen the trick for getting rid of flashing light but mine is solid.

Firstly is there a crash sensor somewhere that I likely also need to replace? Would replacing the control module help? Or just a more Nissan specific diagnostic? I'm planning to buy a diagnostic machine for the car anyway for things like this and future diy mechanics etc, what would you recommend? I was looking at the icarsoft i930 as I've had this before for a different make and I found it really useful. Obviously I'm not expecting dealer quality diagnosis but I want something that gives some value for fault finding on a 350z

thanks in advance :)

Simply clearing the codes won't eliminate the warning light.  While your car may be different, for USA cars the Service Manuals are available on-line.  I recommend you download the srs.pdf section from

https://nicoclub.com/archives/nissan-350z-factory-service-manuals.html.

It will describe how to properly repair the system and clear the light.

Thanks. My car is rhd uk Car imported from Japan. 

Is anyone else able to offer an opinion of where I should start to fix the airbag light problem based on their experience? 

If possible I would much prefer a practical explanation of the best way forward. On reading of the forum I can’t find anything similar

I had a look at the pdf suggested and I saw there’s a crash sensor in the front bumper behind the Z badge. This is a USA Nissan manual though. I did previously read on a google search some models don’t have this crash sensor. Can anybody confirm or offer some advice of where to start? 

Cheers  

Ok. I think maybe it’s best to send mine off then as one of yours may need to be sent anyway. I need other parts though so I will pm you 

thanks for your advice :) 

ill update here once the module is cleared, hopefully that will get rid of the light