Best fuel pump supplier?

Ava

Hi technical people.

So I haven't driven by 350z nearly enough for years. Like literally starting it once a year at most and obviously it hasn't really been all that happy about this.

I decided to get it back on the road last september, but only got around to driving it a couple of times. There was trouble starting, but a battery change got it going in the end.

Anyway, it's now six months later, and the thing definitely won't start.

It cranks fine. Not an immobiliser issue. The light goes off.

No check engine light or anything like that.

Anyway, so after much reading up and taking apart the Z in lots of random ways (and opportunistically fixing the aircon while I was at it!...dirty contacts!), I decided to check the fuel pump, because it didn't sound like it was doing much.

Swapped the hose for one going in to a petrol can, and put the car in to pre-ignition, and nothing came out. Tried this a number of times, still no dice.

Disconnected the electrical socket and did the same again, but with a multimeter on +ve pin (pin 1, black/yellow), and grounded to the chassis, and when I put it in to pre-ignition, a 12.x volt pulse comes through lasting a few seconds between the start of the ramp up and the end of the ramp down.

To me, that makes it clear it's a problem with the fuel pump, so I remove the assembly, took the pump component out and hooked it up to a spare battery.

I was expecting it to make an audible noise, but there was a rattle at best, and powering if for a few seconds seemed to make it get a bit hot (maybe I did this for too long?).

Anyway, if it didn't need replacing before it probably does now... ;-)

After all that what I really want to know is...where's the best place to get a replacement?

I've messaged someone in the trading post, so I'm going to try that first if it's still available, but if I have to get a new one, then where's the best place to get one from?

It's a stock UK 2004 GT / rays model.

Thanks for reading / apologies for the length!

Ava

28 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Fuel pumps are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

I've got one coming from one of the other members on the trading post, but I'm going to PM you for other enquiries!

;-)