USB stopped playing music & locking door beeps

370zchick

Morning all

Had my 2010 370z for a week now & absolutely loving it! Also, before I ask for help a big thank you to this forum as I searched & read it extensively before buying (and yes, I have pulled the steering lock fuse! :D )

I currently have 2 issues with the car and am listing them both as maybe they are related. I have done a lot of searching but haven't found any answers.

1. My phone is paired with the car via bluetooth, all working fine. In order to play music (as it appears the 2010 doesn't stream bluetooth music - iphone 7 if it matters), I plug it in via the USB in the console. All working perfectly. Yesterday evening I was out driving, listening to music when suddenly it stops and says no USB memory. I played with it, disconnecting and re-trying but no luck.

Same thing this morning when I restarted the car. 

I have tried both a brand new Anker lightning cable and an original Apple one to no avail. The phone is showing as charging when plugged into the USB, so it can't be dead.

Any ideas?! 

2. Also yesterday! 

Previously pressing the lock button on the key did what you expect. You could hear the doors lock and the indicator lights flashed. 

Now when I press the lock button the car makes a quick 'beep beep beep' sound instead. This is not the horn beep some USA owners seems to have, a beeping like a warning sound if that makes sense. 

I'd be really grateful for any input or ideas please.

ETA - the fuse was taken out Friday but I can't imagine that these things are related

Edited by 370zchick
add info

31 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

No 2 sounds like a door or the trunk is not shut properly. I get a warning beeping sound if I try to lock the car if I haven't shut something properly.

Sorry can't help with No 1.

Thanks, that’s worth double checking. 

No dash lights to say they’re not closed but I’ll look!

10 hours ago, 370zchick said:

Annnnd dumb award goes to.... me!

Reclosing the boot has stopped the beeping. 

Still no no further on with USB issue though 

I have a 2017 370Z and I use ONE OF THESE . Have you tried putting your music on a USB memory stick to see if it works OK?

I am assuming this is feasible on a 2010 Head Unit??

My Iphone X often gives me issues accessing photos when I connect it to my PC by USB.

Edited by StormWhite

10 hours ago, StormWhite said:

I have a 2017 370Z and I use ONE OF THESE . Have you tried putting your music on a USB memory stick to see if it works OK?

I am assuming this is feasible on a 2010 Head Unit??

My Iphone X often gives me issues accessing photos when I connect it to my PC by USB.

I haven’t but all my music is on Spotify so am guessing it can’t be downloaded to a memory stick?