350Z mini-overhaul option?

DRP08

I'm the proud owner of a 05-plate Z with 126k miles on the clock.  Unfortunately, as much as I love it, the issues are starting to build up:  aircon needs replacing (according to local garage, who said they 'had to remove a belt'[?]), paintwork starting to peel in places,  radio / CD player on last legs (stuck on radio with no presets), still with original SatNav............nothing major on it's own, and still (fingers crossed!) mechanically sound, but all taking that little bit of enjoyment away from driving it.

The simple (logical??) option with that many miles on the clock might be to sell / scrap it and get a new car, but as anyone with a 350Z knows, it pains me to even think about it!!   So 2 quick questions:

1)  For those who've owned similar cars of a similar age, do you think it's worth persevering with?

2)  If so, could anyone recommend someone - garage or individual - that could take a look at it to assess it and potentially carry out a bit of a mini-overhaul?  I do a lot of travel between South Wales and London, so anywhere in that region would be a bonus!

Although I love driving the car 'as it deserves to be driven', I'm not a 'boy racer', so just want it back up to a good standard rather than souped up or any major modifications (although as I type this, open to suggestions!)

Thanks,

Darren

If there's nothing wrong with the engine, transmission or suspension keep it. 

Provided the car has been looked agree, nothing stopping you getting every penny's worth out the meat of the car. 

Aircon, radio and satnav are all easily replaced, just a case of shopping around and finding trustworthy traders to do the work. 

• 4 weeks later...

The air con issue is just a belt, your garage is having a laugh. Head units are easy and readily available to replace with an after market one or a tablet. The peeling lacquer/ paintwork is also easily fixed. If the rest of the car is sound and has a good service history then I'd make the effort and expense available to sort it. Its  a Zed and should not be anywhere near EOL. Just depends on how much you love owning and driving her

• Like 1